• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

Me-myself-I Atlantic ride.

Looking at the gazillion Rand view of Clifton.

The Cape sure is in spectacular shape after the bit of rain washed away the dust and the grime, but it was also as if the drivers lost their marbles.........I've had so many close encounters with dumb driving this morning that I wondered if there was a drug of some kind in the recent rain! 

post-17716-0-63670700-1524911556_thumb.jpg

My bike took me into a car. Now spending this lovely long weekend in hospital. Broken wrist and bruises and 6 weeks of the MTB. Going to feel like years this wait.

My bike took me into a car. Now spending this lovely long weekend in hospital. Broken wrist and bruises and 6 weeks of the MTB. Going to feel like years this wait.

Sorry to hear.

I have broken my right wrist twice, and they can be tricky things, so, follow the orthopedic surgeons instructions to the letter, and be absolutely religious about doing your physio to get full function back afterwards. Also, invest in a proper stiff velcro fastener type wrist guard to ride with for a few months, even as long as a year afterwards. It will make your return to the bike easier and prevent you from damaging the wrist if you come off soon afterwards. Trouble is that it will be very stiff when it comes out of the cast, and if you then crash, you tear off the ligaments......not a good idea. In the mean time, get an indoor trainer and ride regularly to keep the fitness up.

Hope you heal well. 

That sucks !!

Bike okay ?

Thanks ChrisF and DJR. Bike is an insurance claim. Lefty, wheel and frame damage I have been told. Still at my friends place. Will definiatly get one of those wrist straps.

Edited by NovakSA

Sbr with trailer park and his brother, with his new Concorde 53/39 with 11/25 9 speed outback. Proper steel heavyweight . He loved every minute of it,well mostly I think. It’s only his 3rd time on a road bike. Big bloody Kudos to him ????.....these converted runners ????

post-51529-0-15025100-1524943054_thumb.jpeg

post-51529-0-38840300-1524943243_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Pikey

Sbr with trailer park and his brother, with his new Concorde 53/39 with 11/25 9 speed outback. Proper steel heavyweight . He loved every minute of it,well mostly I think. It’s only his 3rd time on a road bike. Big bloody Kudos to him .....these converted runners

He flew up there like the Concorde? ;)

Sorry to hear.

I have broken my right wrist twice, and they can be tricky things, so, follow the orthopedic surgeons instructions to the letter, and be absolutely religious about doing your physio to get full function back afterwards. Also, invest in a proper stiff velcro fastener type wrist guard to ride with for a few months, even as long as a year afterwards. It will make your return to the bike easier and prevent you from damaging the wrist if you come off soon afterwards. Trouble is that it will be very stiff when it comes out of the cast, and if you then crash, you tear off the ligaments......not a good idea. In the mean time, get an indoor trainer and ride regularly to keep the fitness up.

Hope you heal well. 

Wise words right there from DJR. Been there, done that .... do not underestimate the value of physio - you will hate every minute but will be very pleased you did it in the years to come.