• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice ride at Meerendal with Maritz ... he was getting very comfortable with our normal ride, so I extended the ride a bit ....

Normal route up to the pump track.  Few laps of the big pump track ... my heart still skips a beat when he rides over that wooden section 5 miles in the air ....

Then took the long climb to join the route after stairway-to-heaven .... he had to walk the the last steep section.  Contour line to Burry Stander.  I knew those sharp and steep turns of the climb would be a bit much for 6-year old legs ...  he got half way round, then walked a few steps before peddling again.

And then it was the single-track downhill section of Burry .... He was very cautious .... but full of smiles !

Then the adventure section ... this he knows, and he was having so much fun.

NOPE ... no stopping now .. he wants to do the section along the dam and all the way to the tar road and back.

11,4km trip, with a few water stops.  Maritz IMPRESSED me !!!

WOW ..... he has some heart !!!  :thumbup:

At Carlucci it was time for a full sized milkshake.  :clap:

NO, he did not make it home .... fell asleep in the car, and had to be carried in, and is still sleeping.   :whistling:  :thumbup:

Nice ride at Meerendal with Maritz ... he was getting very comfortable with our normal ride, so I extended the ride a bit ....

Normal route up to the pump track.  Few laps of the big pump track ... my heart still skips a beat when he rides over that wooden section 5 miles in the air ....

Then took the long climb to join the route after stairway-to-heaven .... he had to walk the the last steep section.  Contour line to Burry Stander.  I knew those sharp and steep turns of the climb would be a bit much for 6-year old legs ...  he got half way round, then walked a few steps before peddling again.

And then it was the single-track downhill section of Burry .... He was very cautious .... but full of smiles !

Then the adventure section ... this he knows, and he was having so much fun.

NOPE ... no stopping now .. he wants to do the section along the dam and all the way to the tar road and back.

11,4km trip, with a few water stops.  Maritz IMPRESSED me !!!

WOW ..... he has some heart !!!  :thumbup:

At Carlucci it was time for a full sized milkshake.  :clap:

NO, he did not make it home .... fell asleep in the car, and had to be carried in, and is still sleeping.   :whistling:  :thumbup:

Excellent!!

Spent a few hours exploring new routes in Holland, yesterday.

Cycle Path that leads out of Amsterdam.

post-43518-0-72199200-1524473840_thumb.jpg

Tulips along the canal. The smell was intense.

post-43518-0-93095000-1524473828_thumb.jpg

Taking the trail into a forest.

post-43518-0-06738500-1524473849_thumb.jpg

The forest.

post-43518-0-53640800-1524473864_thumb.jpg

Dunes of Zandvoort.

post-43518-0-42847200-1524473879_thumb.jpg

Negotiating crosswinds. 

post-43518-0-35372100-1524473887_thumb.jpg

All these Euros with their bloody spring forest pictures! Grump me up! ;) (Just jealous :blush: )

It does not happen often so give us our moment in the sun :P

We have had a bloody good spring so far.

All these Euros with their bloody spring forest pictures! Grump me up! ;) (Just jealous :blush: )

We suffered a pretty cold and wet winter so I will be cycling a lot to make up for all the days missed. I would still trade a Euro spring for some mountains any day!