• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

After a couple of weeks of the bike I dragged myself out of bed this morning to join my mate on a road loop.

It was a coldAF start, but as th sun came over the mountains it turned into a stunner of a morning.

It does help to have an arrangement with someone to go ride, if not for that I would've said f@ck it and slept late.7504747a3615a60f32721d6081831a3f.jpgc26ae9e2fcf194333ffef30eb8528172.jpg9008b39034957fe29ca081d1c813756d.jpgc4c889a46957e4bec1bde0f1f735e6c1.jpg26f80ae5b01c5511fe63379d03e59e7b.jpg3c5391a94a608e866a1ffb324aae092d.jpg

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Nice day out at Meerendal.

PERFECT cycling weather.

Trails were packed with riders !  From the snakes to the first timers.

Maritz and I again did the normal climb, few rounds of the large pump track, and then the route leading up to Dorstberg, to get to the countour line that links Stairway with Burry Stander.  This was Maritz's second time doing Burry Stander.

Those steep switch-backs is a bit much for his legs, he rides up half-way, then pushes the bike a few meters, back on and cycles away.

This time the single track downhill went much better

We have done the adventure section at the bottom many times.  Maybe he was too confident and too fast .... maybe it was just not doing the attack stance for this one bump (after doing it so beautifully for the others) ..... o-well, thank goodness he walked away with nothing more than a small scrape.  :eek:

Thanks for everyone that stopped and asked if he was okay.  I gave him a few minutes to get past the shock.  Then gave him the option of cycling back along the jeep-track or continue along the single track .... He moved his bike to the single track and started checking his brakes and steering, got on and rode the rest of the trail !!  :clap:   :thumbup:

Straight down to Carlucci and a milkshake .....  And then he wanted to continue our normal route and do the section over the dam wall.  :clap:

PS - NICE new section towards the dam wall !!!

Edited by ChrisF

Nice day out at Meerendal.

PERFECT cycling weather.

Trails were packed with riders ! From the snakes to the first timers.

Maritz and I again did the normal climb, few rounds of the large pump track, and then the route leading up to Dorstberg, to get to the countour line that links Stairway with Burry Stander. This was Maritz's second time doing Burry Stander.

Those steep switch-backs is a bit much for his legs, he rides up half-way, then pushes the bike a few meters, back on and cycles away.

This time the single track downhill went much better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RH4vMtgd_b8

We have done the adventure section at the bottom many times. Maybe he was too confident and too fast .... maybe it was just not doing the attack stance for this one bump (after doing it so beautifully for the others) ..... o-well, thank goodness he walked away with nothing more than a small scrape. :eek:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVWGTCSjuiU

Thanks for everyone that stopped and asked if he was okay. I gave him a few minutes to get past the shock. Then gave him the option of cycling back along the jeep-track or continue along the single track .... He moved his bike to the single track and started checking his brakes and steering, got on and rode the rest of the trail !! :clap: :thumbup:

Straight down to Carlucci and a milkshake ..... And then he wanted to continue our normal route and do the section over the dam wall. :clap:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxF9TpTPeXE&t=7s

PS - NICE new section towards the dam wall !!!

He is coming on nicely, and brave to get back on [emoji1303]

If you can do a single semi-urban ride from home, anywhere on earth, and post 5 panoramas like these, please take up the challenge! All taken on the 10 km stretch of Tafelberg Road, from Signal Hill to the Kings Blockhouse.

Very nice indeed

That’s going to be hard to match... that flat mountain is an unfair advantage... and the sea.....

I’m going to have to ride up some higher mountains

Very nice indeed

That’s going to be hard to match... that flat mountain is an unfair advantage... and the sea.....

I’m going to have to ride up some higher mountains

:D​ I was thinking of you when I wrote that. Some of your pictures of snow capped Alps and crystal lakes are in there with a fair chance! :thumbup:  

If you can do a single semi-urban ride from home, anywhere on earth, and post 5 panoramas like these, please take up the challenge! All taken on the 10 km stretch of Tafelberg Road, from Signal Hill to the Kings Blockhouse.

Mmmm. I don't think I can beat that but I'll try come close in July...