Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

Not today, but yesterday:

Your yearly big day out?

Edit: See you did the little Argus loop......thought you liked the idea of a loop......and went huge! :clap:  :thumbup:

Edited by DJR

Where in Stellenbosch was this taken?

My guess is that rocky section between Mont Marie and Eden - above the normal route. Awesome pic!

Edited by Delarey

My guess is that rocky section between Mont Marie and Eden - above the normal route. Awesome pic!

Ah I see the trees on the right.

Last ride here in the fairest Cape for this holiday sadly ... thanks Capetonians it's been real as the cool kids say!

A few observations-

I've hopped on the back of riders here and there, had a lady draft me for miles through Camps Bay yesterday with a friendly thanks as I turned up towards Signal hill direction ... waved when I could, some waved back some didn't. Been in traffic and besides a bit of indecision on my part some of the time it's been fine. At no point felt any more unsafe than at any of the other many places I have ridden

All in all its been a blast so thanks to those who helped with routes (ManWithNoName and Chingy182 amongst others), all the riders, drivers and pedestrians for their friendliness and patience!

Has got to be the place where I have seen the most cool bikes AND wheels around and almost every cyclist is thin, fast and fit [emoji44]

be650ae6b6a6db31b6dd797a4d28fa39.jpg

I often wonder what it must be like for a non Cape Townian to come here and ride. It must be like when we go to the Alps or some such destination.

It's hard to not get blase about it and I do think the locals try to look up and take it in.