• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

Work. Had a nice early morning chat to the UCT 1st years selling SAX Appeal magazines at the traffic lights to raise funds for charity (SHAWCO). Lots of banter and friendly faces. Sommer shamed one driver into buying one as well. Simply said that if a dude poor enough to ride a bike can buy one, then he in his big shiny car can too.....look at the young ladies smile, see how nicely she is asking.....and he paid R30 with a laugh! Got to work with a big grin. Rode along Main Road specially for it. Glad I did.

post-17716-0-25900300-1549522989_thumb.jpg

Edited by DJR

There are several Zona Zero routes out of Ainsa - this one heads south up a trail that passes the Vultures Dining Room, heads up to the Partara viewing point and then down the Partara Express!.

People rarely stop and look over their shoulders when they climb this trail, so they miss this view. Part of my job as a guide is to tell people when to stop and look behind them :-)

#lovemyjob!

post-4874-0-34885300-1549524046_thumb.jpg

Chose a perfect day for my first ride of the week after having a sore throat and stuffy nose from the ride in the rain Sunday and also my last time over Chapmans Peak for this trip!

Lucky to know 'a guy' that showed me a little known spot on the Chappies climb to get some fresh mountain stream water [emoji6]

Tomorrow that short 'August' route of mine again.

Hardly a breath of wind #unbelievable

Chuffed to have solved the rattle on this bike, albeit by accident, that we initially thought was the internal cables [emoji41]f1ac97fdf6c43d492964048cd742b053.jpg49b2b7d1b995e87aadd3f481c0981de8.jpgcdd9b66b183212569b311141f261a464.jpg1abf5202b59bfd52964f8dbfc98a2bbe.jpg

Chose a perfect day ............

I'm always amazed that so few people ride all the way to the end of the Signal Hill Road. The view alone makes the climb worthwhile.  

I'm always amazed that so few people ride all the way to the end of the Signal Hill Road. The view alone makes the climb worthwhile.

For sure and as Chingy182 said to me recently something like 'the views are so great you almost don't feel how hard the climb is'

Chose a perfect day for my first ride of the week after having a sore throat and stuffy nose from the ride in the rain Sunday and also my last time over Chapmans Peak for this trip!

Lucky to know 'a guy' that showed me a little known spot on the Chappies climb to get some fresh mountain stream water [emoji6]

Tomorrow that short 'August' route of mine again.

Hardly a breath of wind #unbelievable

Chuffed to have solved the rattle on this bike, albeit by accident, that we initially thought was the internal cables [emoji41]f1ac97fdf6c43d492964048cd742b053.jpg49b2b7d1b995e87aadd3f481c0981de8.jpgcdd9b66b183212569b311141f261a464.jpg1abf5202b59bfd52964f8dbfc98a2bbe.jpg

K@Kest city we live in, you shoulda brought your MTB, would of gladly shown you around Table Mountain

K@Kest city we live in, you shoulda brought your MTB, would of gladly shown you around Table Mountain

Thanks, will definitely take you up on that next time. Could only bring one bike sadly .....

Thanks, will definitely take you up on that next time. Could only bring one bike sadly .....

if you were NotSoSmallBen one of my midget size bikes are available, when do you leave?

I looooove that road. Nice and quiet and the views are just incredible. The spikey little climb is only a few hundred meters long. When we were trying to get strong for Spain we did Camps Bay drive, Kloof neck, Tafelberg, Signal Hill and the Glen in a morning a few times.

One of my fave routes is

HB - Suikerbossie - Camps Bay - Camps Bay Drive - Tafelberg road to the very end - Signal hill - Victoria back to HB.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

Work. Had a nice early morning chat to the UCT 1st years selling SAX Appeal magazines at the traffic lights to raise funds for charity (SHAWCO). Lots of banter and friendly faces. Sommer shamed one driver into buying one as well. Simply said that if a dude poor enough to ride a bike can buy one, then he in his big shiny car can too.....look at the young ladies smile, see how nicely she is asking.....and he paid R30 with a laugh! Got to work with a big grin. Rode along Main Road specially for it. Glad I did.

HAHAHA!

My little one saw the mag this morning. Asked me all innocently "why is someone selling a magazine with someone NAKED on it!?"

I looooove that road. Nice and quiet and the views are just incredible. The spikey little climb is only a few hundred meters long. When we were trying to get strong for Spain we did Camps Bay drive, Kloof neck, Tafelberg, Signal Hill and the Glen in a morning a few times.

One of my fave routes is

HB - Suikerbossie - Camps Bay - Camps Bay Drive - Tafelberg road to the very end - Signal hill - Victoria back to HB.

It's an excellent hill for intervals, too. That first punch up from the kloof nek road junction, past the SANParks hon ranger building to the flat, then just past the Vida van, and a few more punchy climbs. It's a bit tougher on the beast, though. :P

It's a bit tougher on the beast, though. :P

I'm not so sure hey. The extra weight and tire drag makes it harder but the gearing on an MTB means you can trundle along at 4 whereas if you try that on a roadie you'll fall over.

I don't know what this "intervals" thing that you speak of is.

Edited by Duane_Bosch