• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

We rode to Simonstown & back over Redhill in the p!$$ing rain. By the time we got to Fishhoek the novelty had worn off. And then it became scary. I think it's the additional road noise from the wet tires that makes the cars seem more threatening.

Then it was in the bakkie and off to Stellies for a shuttle day. Erm. p!$$ing there to. I decided one wet ride a weekend is enough.

We rode to Simonstown & back over Redhill in the p!$$ing rain. By the time we got to Fishhoek the novelty had worn off. And then it became scary. I think it's the additional road noise from the wet tires that makes the cars seem more threatening.

Then it was in the bakkie and off to Stellies for a shuttle day. Erm. p!$$ing there to. I decided one wet ride a weekend is enough.

I rode Noordhoek, Simonstown, Cape Point, Scarborough, Kommetjie and back to the caravan park ... absolutely soaked the whole way!

Throat not so lekker today but hopefully get over it in a day or 2, leaving on Saturday morning ....636b03a42f3f0237a89e341ddbc18d8f.jpg

Purely for safety, our rule has been to ride mountain if it rains and stay off the roads. I also think that Cape drivers go instantly more stupid the moment it starts to rain. Also, for some reason I seem to puncture more often when riding road in the rain.

Purely for safety, our rule has been to ride mountain if it rains and stay off the roads. I also think that Cape drivers go instantly more stupid the moment it starts to rain. Also, for some reason I seem to puncture more often when riding road in the rain.

That's a good rule. We did a spinbike session on Sat morning and the sight of all the okes cruising up Chappies while we were in a superheated studio filled me with jealous rage so we had to ride.

Windguru said it was going to clear so we bet on that. Yes. My fiance got a puncture and a dude that rode past us said he'd never seen so many puncture before. I think the water dislodges the glass & thorns that are settled in the gaps in the tar which means more punctures.

Work. Met a friendly bus driver this afternoon, one that didn't try to kill me. Normally when I see that Orange Arrow coming for me, my spidey sense start evaluating escape routes. This guy gave me room, waved me into the traffic and we ended up having a chat. Never too old to be surprised. 

post-17716-0-47336200-1549472873_thumb.jpg

Work. Met a friendly bus driver this afternoon, one that didn't try to kill me. Normally when I see that Orange Arrow coming for me, my spidey sense start evaluating escape routes. This guy gave me room, waved me into the traffic and we ended up having a chat. Never too old to be surprised.

Goes to show that not all of humanity is hopeless yet.[emoji1690] Edited by BenReaper

Joined the docs this wkd with peds.

Vaal to Alberton sat and back to the Vaal on Sunday..... Fiona as always with impeccable manners

Awesome wkds riding with excellent organisation and great food at the Vaal on Sunday. Nice one Docs

Ah cool, always nice to add faces to Hubbers. The tailwind made for excellent riding.