• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

do they call it Box Hill because it's full of roadies? :whistling:

Passed more people on MTB’s yesterday than I saw roadies, so... Haha, but probably yes, **** Hill

My indoor exploring continues, courtesy of StatsHunters and Rouvy.

Today was a ride in southern Rome close to the Tre Fontane Abbey, home of the Tre Fontane brewery.

Has anyone here had a Trappist beer, and are they freely available in SA, when lockdown isn't in play?

post-1372-0-71034300-1596042592_thumb.jpg

Today was a ride in southern Rome close to the Tre Fontane Abbey, home of the Tre Fontane brewery.

Has anyone here had a Trappist beer, and are they freely available in SA, when lockdown isn't in play?

attachicon.gif1280px-Trappist_Beer_2015-08-15.jpg

Wes-Vleteren 12, 2nd bottle from the right, regularly voted best beer in the world, and I agree, is only available at the abby in Belgium.

Rochefort 10 comes a close 2nd for me, and I have found them at "The biggest little beer shop" in Bellville and at Roeland St Liquors in Cape Town. Both outlets also had some of the others.

Edited by cvancoillie

attachicon.gif1280px-Trappist_Beer_2015-08-15.jpg

You can get Leffe fairly regularly, technically while it is an Abbey beer they weren't Trappists, depends how serious you are about your religious sect. Usually only the blond though.

Have seen La Trappe once or twice.

Did a different type of riding yesterday. Little Elands trip with the lads. Some fun was had. Sore ribs this morning.

careful now. the woke police will be attacking you for leaving your bubble

careful now. the woke police will be attacking you for leaving your bubble

They can come my bru. I just close my laptop and the problem goes away.

Coz being holed up inside and going shopping at the mall is safer than being outside in the sun doing exercise and having your sinuses flushed every 5 minutes.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

This was 5 years ago. Tony Murray and I decided we wanted to descend the height of everest in a day. But. We had to include Les Gets, Pleney, Zore, Lindarets, Morgins, Crosets.

I think we finished on 8824mpost-83454-0-97322100-1596096896_thumb.jpgpost-83454-0-70492200-1596096922_thumb.jpgpost-83454-0-39164400-1596096942_thumb.jpg

Edited by Duane_Bosch