Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

23 minutes ago, Jbr said:

not sure what section you're talking about, the only dodgy section is between the checkers hyper and cipla as there are dozens of people walking form dunoon to their jobs. But so far so good, I've only encountered people actually going to work and not looking for trouble. Once you're out of the N7 you won't see anyone, hardly ever see a car. 

That stretch between Cipla and N7 always feel a bit dodgy.  

• Replies 30.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Jbr said:

That gravel road/sand pit behind Riverside though. I drive there now and then when I want to avoid the parking lot beside Dunoon in the mornings, and each time I think maybe I could ride through there to Hoogekraal. I dunno, my spidey senses keep telling me not to.

it's 10 times less dodgy than paarden eiland to town imo.

it's so quiet that I don't think it's worth it for criminals to wait there for someone to come through. also there seems to be a police facility closer to the N7, where they keep their horses, there's almost always a guard there, maybe it spooks them a little

33 minutes ago, Robbie Stewart said:

That gravel road/sand pit behind Riverside though. I drive there now and then when I want to avoid the parking lot beside Dunoon in the mornings, and each time I think maybe I could ride through there to Hoogekraal. I dunno, my spidey senses keep telling me not to.

Friend of mine was robbed of his mtb on that gravel road few years ago, not sure how safe/unsafe it is now but I'm also a bit nervous when cycling through there.

21 minutes ago, Rouxenator said:

IMG_20240427_1217522.jpg.b847871c9ac148420243ba2ca9a5c62e.jpg

Is this trail open to all?

4 hours ago, ChrisF said:

Dankie @KB280DT

Nice early morning ride

IMG-20240428-WA0005.jpg.9900b45b5005469cd945dacb6e779b2f.jpg

IMG-20240428-WA0004.jpg.260cea3ac8ac4e76dacea878f8da78fa.jpg

Walker on Protea corridor .... time to test out the Garmin repair system, a.k.a. "how much must I pay in on a new one"

20240428_101848.jpg.1e82d956dd8a9c75e4e1ba403f842eb6.jpg

Net n plesier ou vriend. Was lekker

Sometimes it's hard to believe that there's so many liked minded nutters around the Cape that enjoy feeding their old vintage steel bikes a good dose of gravel road like I do 😄

This past Sunday was our 3rd annual Tour de Toeka ride which covers around 100km's from Brackenfell out to the beautiful & interesting Toeka Restaurant near Paarl, where we enjoyed a hearty brunch.

Around 60% of the route is gravel and it's tackled on these beautiful classics from yesteryear 🤙

TourdeToeka2024.jpg