• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

Not totally impossible, 2 weekends back I hit 80km/h at SBR and as far as I know the speed limit is only 40km/h ..... 🙈.

Luckily I never saw any cops in there ever.

18 minutes ago, TheoG said:

Pulled over for what?

the officer (lady) was quite nice, a bit weird as she stopped in the middle of the road, we were 2 riders i had front and rear lights my mate's front light had died.

she asked where we were going, i said to work... then she said i have something for you...
and that's where i thank all you tax payers

... she gave us both 2 of these to wear on our ankles

WhatsApp Image 2023-03-22 at 08.58.44.jpeg

1 hour ago, Meezo said:

the officer (lady) was quite nice, a bit weird as she stopped in the middle of the road, we were 2 riders i had front and rear lights my mate's front light had died.

she asked where we were going, i said to work... then she said i have something for you...

Thats awesome.

I got 4 of the same thing from Dischem a few years back, without the branding. Wear them whenever I ride in the dark.

1 hour ago, Pikey said:

Think my bike got renamed today , Scotty  😎 AC987E26-0B77-4013-A63D-7243527F0B2B.jpeg.bd41fd1ab5eaaea9c3c8dbe95dbdec75.jpeg

Yip there's little intelligent life down here mate 😜

Better than 'pink blouse' any day

5 hours ago, Meezo said:

I've also got something like that.

Years ago I walked into the farrier shop in Noordhoek Village to buy a dog collar because I knew they always have some really exquisite leather ones. The woman behind the counter gave my cycling clothes a curious look (I thought) and then gave me the two refective bracelets that they keep (for horses) as a gift and wished me safe cycling. Now, all you naughty people, please don't speculate as to why she thought I needed something meant for a horse! 

Loadshedding on the bike this morning.

Forgot to charge my devices. So 10 minutes into the ride the headlight goes into power save mode. at least I can be seen from the front, but its useless for me to see anything. At 5am there is not much ambient light about. Luckily I know the route so well that I know where every pothole, crack and dip in the tar is.

And then 9km before home the Garmin battery dies.