Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

Guest notmyname

Not any safer than a local ride, but with a backup car behind, we're fairly safe.

I hardly ride my road boney but that ride has sparked a fire.

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest notmyname

Got sick of unpacking boxes and had to get on a bike...

FullSizeRender-8.jpg

FullSizeRender-9.jpg

IMG_2438.JPG

I'll Be around your neck of the woods in May Ryan. Maybe we can meet for a roll around cascades. Will be my second time there but I'm sure your local knowledge will open those awesome trails right up. Edited by Soapbox

I'll Be around your neck of the woods in May Ryan. Maybe we can meet for a roll around cascades. Will be my second time there but I'm sure your local knowledge will open those awesome trails right up.

With pleasure. The trail network in the heart of Cascades is limited compared to Howick, Karkloof, Cedara, Grace etc but you can still have loads of fun. M ascent is generally above average but that comes with some world class descents  :thumbup: .

Let me know what dates you will be around and we can head out.

Guest notmyname

With pleasure. The trail network in the heart of Cascades is limited compared to Howick, Karkloof, Cedara, Grace etc but you can still have loads of fun. M ascent is generally above average but that comes with some world class descents :thumbup: .

Let me know what dates you will be around and we can head out.

Cool. I'll plan my work trip to include a weekend. It will have to be a Saturday as one of the growers I work with wants to take me to ride Giba, but he can only ever do Sundays. Thanks.

Cool. I'll plan my work trip to include a weekend. It will have to be a Saturday as one of the growers I work with wants to take me to ride Giba, but he can only ever do Sundays. Thanks.

No worries. Look forward to it.

What are you guys "growing" in the hills of KZN Soapbox???

Guest notmyname

Eucalyptus. Sappi and Mondi have BIG nurseries in that region.

Edit: There's also some large veg seedling nurseries that supply Kzn.

Edited by Soapbox

Went out to buffelsdrift.

I seriously need to learn how to be braver climbing AND descending rocky terrain.

Partner enjoyed it thoroughly, me - white knuckle of death coming down, braking too much, too hard.. On the uphills - not trusting the bike, bailing too soon. One day ...

Some pretty scenery though, but the single track section past the crocs was smelly, we went through there quickly - no crocs.

Managed to do something odd to my fork? Realised on the last stretch back it had bottomed out ????

attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Buffelsdrift Oudtshoorn? Did you participate in the mtb race today?

Awesome day at Clear Water Trails on the KZN South Coast with the Beaver Creek coffee plantation's restaurant about 2/3 of the way along the trail - cyclist friendly ????