• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't been to Avianto in ages, a friend suggested I must try it again.

So glad I did.

the Western Blue loop is amazing! loads of work has gone into these trails and they're not just fun, the route is beautiful loop too.

Was a little tough on a rigid SS but I think that was a case of me needing to apply Rule #5 more than anything else today.

attachicon.gifphoto 4.JPG

Love it  :thumbup:

Why does the front wheel/tyre look so much bigger/fatter than the rear wheel/tyre?

Front tyre is a 3.0 and the rear is 2.4

To Simons Town and back over Ou Kaapse Weg

attachicon.gifimage2.JPG

Looked at Silvermine myself yesterday  - it's just amazing how sandy the whole mountain is. With the vegetation gone, one can now see it. No wonder the Tokai single tracks used to get so loose in midsummer.

Managed my first 40km today (little steps) ????

Been struggling to convince my body it can go past 20km without dying.

It also came with my first - bar end - meet tree. The whole day I see no one on the trails, the second loop of a single track section - decide to try different lines - you have to duck under a branch - as I was doing that bar end got caught- bike stopped, I carried on, and down the trail comes another lady.

Nothing broken, but lovely quiet ride at Northerns

post-44041-0-51931700-1427551247_thumb.jpg

Looked at Silvermine myself yesterday  - it's just amazing how sandy the whole mountain is. With the vegetation gone, one can now see it. No wonder the Tokai single tracks used to get so loose in midsummer.

Yeah its amazing how much sand there is at the top of the mountain

Just another day in the saddle - 115km around the souf of Jhb.

Pushing slower club members so they could keep up with the group has left me a tad bit tired.

Amazing how quickly the sunrise changes from week to week. We have a 34km loop we do before the main club ride, and each week it stays a little darker for a few extra K's. One day we'll get back in the dark, and (probably) wearing a jacket too.

Rode a road ride to sandton today. Spent the whole day on site, and rode back in the afternoon. Was less than inspiring, but a ride is better than doing it in the cage.

If you want a picture... Google maps sandton drive, and then use street view.

Pretoria- Die Moot. There are some nice trails which the Friends of the Magalies built!

Hi. Is the route still open and accessable from the school? I haven't been up there the last year and a half. Any new extensions? It is a good challenging route