Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

So on a day in Jo'burg that lends itself towards overindulgence of audio visual, pizza and beer that would eventually lead to a semi comatose drunken mess on the couch, I by no small miracle motivated myself to ride my bike.

post-24416-1458725723,9354.jpg

It was a dismal affair, with a very slow "oh look at the flowers" start, with terrible line choices, object fixation and very mutch being a passenger on the bike...it ended not too badly, with 40kms just over two hours.

Very proud of myself..I think I'm going to spoil myself with some audio visual, pizza and beer overindulgence.....We all know how that's going to end.

Edited by RocknRolla

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, the Plumber is Bennet Nel & Hylton Turvey's new Black Line. And it's a dusi. I wouldn't do the drop in at the top yet, but the rest of it is pretty darn kiff and SUPER technical. B lines around all the mega tech stuff, but just enough of a challenge to keep you on your toes (I do the B lines at the moment - couple of crashes have wrecked my confidence levels)

Then there's the Red Phoenix, which starts next to it, and that is the Red line. Fun FUN FUN!!!! Fast, Flowy, loose and just plain FAST!!! Lots of little features in there, and the faster you go the more technical it becomes. Lots of scope to pop, play, and just have a blast.

Then there's also Never Ending Story, which is the Blue Line. Also fun, also fast. Also very much worth it.

Then fuuuuurther on, there's the "Old" Black line, which is also referred to as the Nationals track as that's where the Nationals was held last time around. Fast, loose, steep.

Further on from that is the Canaries. Upper Upper Upper Upper Canaries or whatever, then going down via Upper Upper and Upper and lower etc. Also a blue route, but more technical in nature and more rocks on the trail. Not as fast by nature, and if you want to hit it hard you need to work it. Helluva good trail until Upper Canaries, which is essentially a flattish technical trail, but still fun if you want to train and be under the trees.

On the other side of the mountain, they're rebuilding the Fire Hut trail (I presume) and that used to be my favourite. Fast as hell, and loads of little features which you can pop off and fly over.

To be honest, I can't wait for winter to arrive. The trails need rain, and they need it now.

Man-O-Man,sounds like theres heaps of fun still waiting for me.Will have to get my trail bike sorted and return.

Do you know where I can find a map of the trail network so I can find the starying points of the different trails?

Man-O-Man,sounds like theres heaps of fun still waiting for me.Will have to get my trail bike sorted and return.

Do you know where I can find a map of the trail network so I can find the starying points of the different trails?

Dan at iRide Africa should know...

Or... I am riding there on Monday next week, if you want to look at my Strava. 

Will send you a link for the times I've already gone there on the new trails. 

Will be nice thanks dude.I was amazed by the place.We have some nice trails around here/home,but they mostly consist of slate bank(leiklip in afrikaans) jeeptrack and flatish singletrack and district roads.

Those plantation roads and singletrack was a heavenly mountainbiking experience to me.

I could ride on roads so pretty - you've just put a damper on the long weekend vibes gummi :(

what does the graffiti say?

I have no idea.

Chiggeri sounds like something you could get locked up for! :D

It's the name of the Brasserie

Loads of them in that street Ru de Nord.

One of the oldest streets in Lux and links North with South on the cycle paths[emoji106]

Good Friday Ride Day with mates and their boys at Hobby Park. :clap:

The young guys did so well and were knackered at the end, riding there from home and back but had loads of fun.

Need to start getting used to this later sunrise nonsense again  :mellow:

post-6012-0-65707600-1458919968_thumb.jpg

post-6012-0-84249900-1458920065_thumb.jpg

New floating bridge as the rains destroyed the previous one

post-6012-0-12861100-1458920010_thumb.jpg

One simply cannot ride at Hobby and not go to the top of the ridge :thumbup:

post-6012-0-84638600-1458920114_thumb.jpg

post-6012-0-82580200-1458920173_thumb.jpg

Good Friday Ride Day with mates and their boys at Hobby Park. :clap:

The young guys did so well and were knackered at the end, riding there from home and back but had loads of fun.

Need to start getting used to this later sunrise nonsense again  :mellow:

attachicon.gifIMG_1664.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_1662.JPG

New floating bridge as the rains destroyed the previous one

attachicon.gifIMG_1654.JPG

One simply cannot ride at Hobby and not go to the top of the ridge :thumbup:

attachicon.gifIMG_1670.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_1667.JPG

Looks like an awesome day. Great pics too!