• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

when were you there @sawystertrance, i was there early Saturday morning. the wind was mental made some of those jumps/gaps very interesting.

everytime i commit for the last gap at firehut, my eggs shrink so i decide to take a walk up and see what it looks like, many many marks of guys casing it, actually very few of those making it... but the gap must be around 2.5m wide

when were you there @sawystertrance, i was there early Saturday morning. the wind was mental made some of those jumps/gaps very interesting.

everytime i commit for the last gap at firehut, my eggs shrink so i decide to take a walk up and see what it looks like, many many marks of guys casing it, actually very few of those making it... but the gap must be around 2.5m wide

same. Need to work on my jumping and drops

Jumps

Airtime

Wanted: bigger eggs ????

When I get my new fiets, I'm gonna start with small ones

I was there yesterday am. Weather was perfect but I still don't have the g@#@ds to attempt those gaps or jumps. I still have a hole in my chest from the last fall and still haven't got my mojo back. Big respect for those who do tho'.

I was there yesterday am. Weather was perfect but I still don't have the g@#@ds to attempt those gaps or jumps. I still have a hole in my chest from the last fall and still haven't got my mojo back. Big respect for those who do tho'.

There are few feelings worse than taking a big gap jump and realising midair that you're going to come up short and case it.

Guest notmyname

When I get my new fiets, I'm gonna start with small ones

SpI'll the beans! What are you getting?

Nice,there marathons are pretty tough ( lot harder than Nissan trailseeker series) did the one at van Gaalens according to my Garmin nearly just over 1300m ascent in that rocky terrain. Was tough going. Enjoy always well organized.

Oh and they lie about distance ...70km advertised was 75km

Ok, so this one turned out to be quite tough because of that 9km never-ending climb at about 51km I think. Man - it took me an hour to get to the top!

Cycled with a couple of mates who were new to MTB but mad enough to do this race. One went OTB on that steep loose descent after the first water point.

He had some "interesting" cuts and grazes and my plasters wouldn't stick on him but a good Samaritan had Staaldruppels and a bandage thing which patched him up.

If he sees this post - Cheers mate! thanks for stopping and helping!

Going through some difficult things at home and at these times 'a bicycle ride is a flight from sadness' and no you don't even need sweet singletrack or awesome downhills or the like .... a ride any ride seems to somehow lift the spirits a tad  :mellow:

attachicon.gifWhatsApp Image 2016-09-03 at 08.23.26.jpeg

Amazing how riding seems to easy any stress & troublesome times we go through. Be well.