• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

Not today, but I found the photo today.

Mountain Mania at the Garden Route Trail Park.

Man i want to go back and ride it again. Need to go back.

ab510765a179e7502340983cacb8437d.jpg

was there a week ago. Fekking awesome. Do yourself a favour and go ride Witfontein in George as well next time you are in the area.

I'll take them! :P

Next time I come through to Slumerset I'll drop you a line

When you say that to somebody that in Scummerset, they wont be expecting a phone call.

Edited by Patchelicious

Looks absolute amazing! I just need to arrange accommodation (in the surrounding area). Problem is, I think I might be too late...

IMO Matric vacation is best spent at a place with beaches. So maybe work in a bit of beach time as well.

Or maybe you are less hormone driven then I was as a Laaitie.

was there a week ago. Fekking awesome. Do yourself a favour and go ride Witfontein in George as well next time you are in the area.

I'm in George on Saturday, maybe I should take a bike... Anyone know Kulula's rules on flying with bicycles?

IMO Matric vacation is best spent at a place with beaches. So maybe work in a bit of beach time as well.

Or maybe you are less hormone driven then I was as a Laaitie.

Basically yeah.

I am not going to the Plett Rage, not my scene... I want to ride my bike and take photos and obviously explore a little. 

My original plan was to go to Namib to capture that beautiful scenery, but that petrol cost and distance... Although, my car is only a 1.0 litre and rides like a dream in terms of economy. 

I love being outdoors, in the nature. Camping is also a great option if I can find a camping spot near the trails.

Edited by Andrew_Smith

Basically yeah.

I am not going to the Plett Rage, not my scene... I want to ride my bike and take photos and obviously explore a little.

My original plan was to go to Namib to capture that beautiful scenery, but that petrol cost and distance... Although, my car is only a 1.0 litre and rides like a dream in terms of economy.

I love being outdoors, in the nature. Camping is also a great option if I can find a camping spot near the trails.

If you are going solo take a look at the backpackers at the GRTP. Basically on site next to the coffee shop.

Why not leave your car somewhere and do a bikepacking round trip on the area as well. There are backpackers in every little town.

Maybe work in some if the Karoo as well?

Damn I wish still had the flexibility and time that I had when I was your age.

Pm me a link to your work please, even if it is insta, I'm really enjoying the young photographers work lately.

If you are going solo take a look at the backpackers at the GRTP. Basically on site next to the coffee shop.

Why not leave your car somewhere and do a bikepacking round trip on the area as well. There are backpackers in every little town.

Maybe work in some if the Karoo as well?

Damn I wish still had the flexibility and time that I had when I was your age.

Pm me a link to your work please, even if it is insta, I'm really enjoying the young photographers work lately.

I will be taking along my riding buddy (so two in total), but this can make accommodation payment easier due to splitting. But the GRTP is definitely one on my list! We would like to go ride each day and make the most of it. Going back to GRTP, will an HT suffice?

Bikepacking sounds like an option too, like the adventure of it. The only problem is my camera gear. It is a must that it goes with. But I should survive. I did an 80km ride with it last time in Gansbaai, although it was mainly road, expect for a few farm roads. My back wasn't that sore. 

The Karoo, I will be able to capture some great pics there. Need to stop there as well. 

I would only have this flexibility and time in my matric vacation. After it, I going to be busy with studies...

I will need to setup a budget this June holiday. I am saying a lot of things, but will I be able to afford it? I am sure my father will help me out, as I not going to Plett Rage or even that fancy matric boat thingy. Jeez, these girls in my class are going. R10 000 per head, because they need to fly up to Durban, etc. Oh, and don't forget the drinking money.

Sure, I'll PM you quickly.  :thumbup:

Edited by Andrew_Smith