GLASGOW WORLD CHAMPS - dirt stuff!

Shebeen

6 hours ago, Jbr said:

Mmh strong race by pidcock but seems Gaze was the strongest and he started way back ? Bit of a shame that we probably will only see the stripes on one or maybe two races next year. Pity about VdP’s crash

During the interview after the race Pidcock mentioned that he had a gear issue and had to nurse his gears during the last few laps. That could be the reason why Gaze made up some ground near the end. 

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, CAAD4 said:

The ladies was before the men's.

'Bacca, being a rather astute fellow, I would assume means the ladies road race today 🤷

1 hour ago, NotSoBigBen said:

'Bacca, being a rather astute fellow, I would assume means the ladies road race today 🤷

Aah must be the Gladies then.

10 hours ago, Zebra said:

Afraid you will need to EXPLAIN this to me….🤔

See below a very polite way of putting it:

10 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

By this I'd say Alan hasn't had a good night sleep the night before an XCO race for a few years.......

He has spent the last two seasons in the front group until one or two laps to go consistently. I'm not being negative, just an observation. 

Racing has been fantastic though... Really well put together WCs 

Really looking forward to the Lady's tomorrow

This is so well put. 

12 hours ago, dsw said:

During the interview after the race Pidcock mentioned that he had a gear issue and had to nurse his gears during the last few laps. That could be the reason why Gaze made up some ground near the end. 

Basically he hit them all with a damaged bike. Even worse. 

Am beginning to wonder, either Tom is the best we’ve seen, or he manages to find always find something. Because whenever he’s here even if he doesn’t win he leaves many in the dirt. 

3 minutes ago, OVERDRIVE said:

Basically he hit them all with a damaged bike. Even worse. 

Am beginning to wonder, either Tom is the best we’ve seen, or he manages to find always find something. Because whenever he’s here even if he doesn’t win he leaves many in the dirt. 

9953CACF-803E-46C2-83AA-E257283C7CB9.jpeg

E4D1E878-AC13-45CE-83BC-056FB3B46809.jpeg

12 hours ago, OVERDRIVE said:

See below a very polite way of putting it:

This is so well put. 

Well yes as observation it is very true. Some may read it as a criticism but that would be a mistake. Winning requires a very selfish mindset. And then there are so many riders of similar talent who also want to win. Remember Matej Mohoric victory interview at the TdF? Yoh will never hear an interview like that from Nino Schurter. 
Alan’s moment will come. Remember he is achieving his result by commuting between SA and Europe which is already a tough ask. To make that final step into a consistent winner may require a sacrifice he’s not willing to make or they will make it together. He will figure out the formula and the wins will come flooding in. 
I think we tend to judge our athletes against the very best in the sport without considering the behind the scenes sacrifices that need to be made.

patience saffa’s, be mindful of your feelings 

On 8/12/2023 at 8:58 PM, 'Dale said:

What a start by AH. Such a classy rider and ambassador for team and country. Racing a hemisphere away from home makes his achievements very impressive. Running out of steam, not lekka sleep before the race, maybe some glucose needed for the final 20 mins? Happened before as well. Respect for leaving it all out there.

Two Pinarellos, two gold medals. Incredible. 

Gaze, what a ride by the XCC rainbow jersey. And that Swiss legend, the consistency just extraordinary.

Dutch phenomenon Puck - geez, she can ride. Looks like a school girl who is in Std 9. 

I laaik this Super Worlds concept. Must catch up with the other disciplines.

IMG_2340.jpeg

Nice.

13 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

Well yes as observation it is very true. Some may read it as a criticism but that would be a mistake. Winning requires a very selfish mindset. And then there are so many riders of similar talent who also want to win. Remember Matej Mohoric victory interview at the TdF? Yoh will never hear an interview like that from Nino Schurter. 
Alan’s moment will come. Remember he is achieving his result by commuting between SA and Europe which is already a tough ask. To make that final step into a consistent winner may require a sacrifice he’s not willing to make or they will make it together. He will figure out the formula and the wins will come flooding in. 
I think we tend to judge our athletes against the very best in the sport without considering the behind the scenes sacrifices that need to be made.

patience saffa’s, be mindful of your feelings 

Fully agree with you. Alan, is there, the other guys just have that little extra or do one more little thing right that gives them the edge over Hatherly right now. He is getting to that age where you find most athletes go through their peak and I am sure that he will get that break through soon, he is a regular podium finisher or just off it, which is an achievement in itself on the world circuit. 

21 hours ago, OVERDRIVE said:

9953CACF-803E-46C2-83AA-E257283C7CB9.jpeg

E4D1E878-AC13-45CE-83BC-056FB3B46809.jpeg

I don't understand the fuss, because the results speak for themselves.

image.png.3d2d8a0a8713e2b6eb2280d0a8bf0c3b.png

just one single digit numberplate in the top5. the "consistent guys" got beaten by better riders peaking for WChamps.

Nino moans that people get moved up to 5th row on the start grid, and then loses to them despite the obvious advantage he had. Pidcock was 30th at the end of the start lap, and still won.Gaze even further back.

so it is not fair, if better riders are still on the fifth row, move them to 3rd.

2 hours ago, Shebeen said:

I don't understand the fuss, because the results speak for themselves.

image.png.3d2d8a0a8713e2b6eb2280d0a8bf0c3b.png

just one single digit numberplate in the top5. the "consistent guys" got beaten by better riders peaking for WChamps.

Nino moans that people get moved up to 5th row on the start grid, and then loses to them despite the obvious advantage he had. Pidcock was 30th at the end of the start lap, and still won.Gaze even further back.

so it is not fair, if better riders are still on the fifth row, move them to 3rd.

It’s the way they (uci) did it at the last minute, it smacks of a bit of boeta boeta  I’ll scratch your back stuff.

We know riders like vd poel and piddock are going to be unbeatable, if they didn’t request the rule change then the uci shoulda left it alone and then it would really have been an interesting race

35 minutes ago, SwissVan said:

It’s the way they (uci) did it at the last minute, it smacks of a bit of boeta boeta  I’ll scratch your back stuff.

We know riders like vd poel and piddock are going to be unbeatable, if they didn’t request the rule change then the uci shoulda left it alone and then it would really have been an interesting race

It's a delicate balance to get these crossover superstars to commit to more of the season, but not scare them off. In the end it has to be good for the sport, even if the current headline was nino looking for his dummy.

First ever CX world champ + MTB world Champ. He beat MVDP to that one.

0003161000010501FFFFFFFFFFFFFF00

1 minute ago, Shebeen said:

It's a delicate balance to get these crossover superstars to commit to more of the season, but not scare them off. In the end it has to be good for the sport, even if the current headline was nino looking for his dummy.

First ever CX world champ + MTB world Champ. He beat MVDP to that one.

0003161000010501FFFFFFFFFFFFFF00

Even though he was 90% of the focus on the last 2 laps, the exciting footage they are missing is seeing these dudes work their way up the field on laps 1+2, loads of insane overtaking that I would love to have seen.  

What about Gaze and that 2 performances in XCC and the XCO.

Like most, never been a fan of the 🥝 for all his antics and toy throwing out the cot.

This performances was ridiculously impressive. He's attack in XCC was unmatched, he didn't catch everyone sleeping, it's just no one could respond. 

Then the march threw the field on Saturday. How he caught and left quality riders behind was next level. 

That comment when we passed schurter, "Gaze has left the building" 🤣

Another lap and pidcock is in trouble.

Respect, that was proper entertaining. Hope he stay injury free for the next rounds of WCs. Should be interesting