the unofficial Cape Epic 2024 thread

Shebeen

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you don't like the commentary, mute it. If you don't like the free live feed (technical glitches and all), don't watch it. Watch the highlights reel in the evening. The constant bashing of the commentary and free live feed every year is getting old. The guys are doing their best.  

42 minutes ago, dev null said:

Speed Company seems to me like a bunch of big mouths. They are under the pump to back up their noise.

lol they are previous winners BTW

4 minutes ago, Rowl said:

Matt had a 1000 yard stare on the podium.

Think he had a bad day ? Looked like Grotts was congratulating him on the finish line?

4 minutes ago, Jbr said:

Think he had a bad day ? Looked like Grotts was congratulating him on the finish line?

Also saw that. Grotts seems like a nice/composed guy.

Interview didn't give away much, only Matt saying he likes to stoot it in the rooi and Howie pulls him back.

42 minutes ago, Stephan said:

If you don't like the commentary, mute it. If you don't like the free live feed (technical glitches and all), don't watch it. Watch the highlights reel in the evening. The constant bashing of the commentary and free live feed every year is getting old. The guys are doing their best.  

If you don't like the commentary on the commentary, don't read the thread. If you don't like the free live comments on bikehub (douchebags and all), don't open it.

This is not sound financial advice, do whatever you want.

More seriously, it seems like the team don't have access to great live info and that seems to be the cause of many of the "issues".

1 hour ago, BuffsVintageBikes said:

Gees, we're a hard bunch to please... live streaming for free, from multiple choppers, motorcycles and e-bikes and we still bitch about all aspects of it 😲 1st world problems in a 3rd world hey !!!

1 hour ago, Nick said:

Damn the quality of this free service! How dare they!

Ya ya ya ok ok be grateful we get anything at all I get it. Technical glitches aside the most informative person is Sabine and then Baart doing the inserts. It’s stage 1 so maybe the commentary will improve but I at least expect the commentators to know who the riders are and be able to speak about them informatively. 

52 minutes ago, Matt said:

Not sure if these are official official, but:
https://www.epic-series.com/capeepic-riders-liveresults

image.png

Seems to be correct

speed company 6:48 back already. They be come back from here before but it doesn’t look the same as the last two years. Baum looked very uncomfortable yesterday and today. Back issues again?

7 minutes ago, dexterdent said:

If you don't like the commentary on the commentary, don't read the thread. If you don't like the free live comments on bikehub (douchebags and all), don't open it.

This is not sound financial advice, do whatever you want.

More seriously, it seems like the team don't have access to great live info and that seems to be the cause of many of the "issues".

Chapeau, you bothered to respond

I like the glitches and wrong naming the riders.,. adds to the entertainment and gives you something to b@tch about here and to whoever you're watching with. Its all part of the package, 

My favourite is "Ciovita Orange/Yellow Jersey" which has to always be said together. At least its not the Absa Cape Epic presented by XXXXX and XXXXX or did I miss that?

How are those Spesh riders coping with thet enduro style HTA. The HTA I predicted about ten years ago for marathon and XC bikes but was always shot down by @DieselnDust  🙂 

Stage 2 is going to be a monster. I recall it from 2016. Is the bee farm still there and are they routing the riders straight through that bee farm again. That climb up the wagon trail….ouch. The sand from ottergat….

its going to be a brutal day in 39 degree heat and then down the Wagon trail.

luke: i am not afraid of anything

yoda: you will be…you….WILL BEeeeee