the unofficial UCI Mountain Bike World Cup thread

nathrix

10 hours ago, Action_Man said:

You're right @DieselInDust in retrospect, I interpreted this comment incorrectly, I certainly rush read it at a bad time & should also know better than voicing my opinions on a platform like this :oops:

Yes you should Ken. 😅

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, Action_Man said:

You're right @DieselInDust in retrospect, I interpreted this comment incorrectly, I certainly rush read it at a bad time & should also know better than voicing my opinions on a platform like this :oops:

don't beat yourself up. We all make a contexual mistake from time to time. Forums can be a rough place if you let it get to you

so originally thought it might be broadcasted on eurosport... seems not...

how's everyone watching, live ?

G

Pity that Greg went down. I was very keen to see his run on that line. I am happy for Loic getting the win there finally. He put together a blisteringly fast run.

In the Junior men, Asa Vermette was mad fast as well. Looks like he is the next big thing to come out of the junior ranks according to all the hype. Time will tell.

In the ladies, I was hoping Tahnee would get it, but well done to Vali Holl.

That was probably the best version of the FW track ever. Fast and slow bits blended together. How was BK's semis crash?!? Greg needs to get on top of his game - that was a silly crash and very disappointing after the "not Done Yet" hype. He did manage to get 32 points though. The lack of Cedric on commentary brought a smile to my dial. Gwin was great backing up bergie Ric. New venue in Poland on the 17th. Should be fun.

eventually realised there was no XCO yesterday, was some nice racing in Switzerland... shown via RedbullTV.

Looking like I havent found a dependable solution to whats Whoop UCI MTB for. :(

G

2 hours ago, Headshot said:

Greg needs to get on top of his game - that was a silly crash and very disappointing after the "not Done Yet" hype. He did manage to get 32 points though.

He better do that sooner rather than later. I'm no pro and can barely ride a bike, but I'll be 48 in a couple of months, and I noticed a steady decline in my speed throughout the last few years. In my mind, I am going at light speed, but then I see my riding mates, some of whom are 2 decades my junior disappear down the trail while I am barely holding on.

I rode the Conties full Enduro last week and I set my fastest times down all the lines, and still came nearly stone last. There is a point in one's life where you just hit that performance wall and then speed is one of the first things to vacate the premises.

14 hours ago, Robbie Stewart said:

He better do that sooner rather than later. I'm no pro and can barely ride a bike, but I'll be 48 in a couple of months, and I noticed a steady decline in my speed throughout the last few years. In my mind, I am going at light speed, but then I see my riding mates, some of whom are 2 decades my junior disappear down the trail while I am barely holding on.

I rode the Conties full Enduro last week and I set my fastest times down all the lines, and still came nearly stone last. There is a point in one's life where you just hit that performance wall and then speed is one of the first things to vacate the premises.

I don't disagree but I think it is different for everyone. Greg effectively got a top 30 finish. Much younger riders crashed out too. He's hoping to depart on a high which adds some pressure. I'm hoping this is just a minor hiccup on the way to a great season 

• 3 weeks later...

... probably because they are squeezing in a marathon event on same weekend (course overlaps part of XCO/XCC track and obvs impacts training time, whipper-snapper racing etc).