Vuelta 2024 - Dispara los salchichas!

Shebeen

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/23/2024 at 11:57 AM, gerriemtb said:

Imagine they started in a Checkers. The whole peleton would still be standing there waiting for an open till

Or a 60-60 picker would ram them off their bikes. 

Masterclass ride by Adam yesterday bringing UAE into contention leading into a much needed rest day for the peloton.

Much suffering lies in wait from tomorrow, climbers to show their mettle....who will be in red come the weekend I wonder. Will Ben hold on, or see his near 4min lead evaporate? 

What a week of racing that was. The week ahead will be extremely hard, No flat stages left in the entire tour except for the final TT on the last day. 

This sunday's final climb will have gradients of up to 24%, expect to see the real mountain goats to shine and the heavier climbers will struggle to keep up. 

Richard Carapaz and Adam Yates with an outside chance to podium. Roglic should still be favourite for the win as long as he can keep his bike upright. 

WvA in the break, 63km to go, 6min lead to the GC Peloton.

Cat3->Cat2->Cat 1 remains

Methinks a Masterclass win from the Breakaway is coming...

44 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

WvA in the break, 63km to go, 6min lead to the GC Peloton.

Cat3->Cat2->Cat 1 remains

Methinks a Masterclass win from the Breakaway is coming...

It'll be interesting how his breakaway buddies choose to play this. Do they think the WvA is the same rider he was a few years ago? if so, they're doomed, else, they may concede the intermediate sprint and then put him under pressure on the final climb.

1 hour ago, lechatnoir said:

It'll be interesting how his breakaway buddies choose to play this. Do they think the WvA is the same rider he was a few years ago? if so, they're doomed, else, they may concede the intermediate sprint and then put him under pressure on the final climb.

doomed it was...

12 hours ago, lechatnoir said:

doomed it was...

Yeah, the writing was on the wall the moment WvA went away in a breakaway. He was in one of those moods.

Fingers crossed he can bring this form to the World's and Remco can play deputy for a change...

1 hour ago, Vetplant said:

Yeah, the writing was on the wall the moment WvA went away in a breakaway. He was in one of those moods.

Fingers crossed he can bring this form to the World's and Remco can play deputy for a change...

there wasn't any appetite (or legs) to dump him on the climb, so this was always going to happen. About as obvious as Sagan winning Roubaix vs Dillier.

2 hours ago, Vetplant said:

Nah. At best they'll be "co-leaders", which means Remco will go for a 50km solo break.
Compared to if Remco is the sole leader, in which case he will go for a 50km solo break.

Fascinating that WvA is currently tied with Adam Yates for the climbers jersey on 22 points, but Yates got it on one of the tiebreaker rules.

Today also shouts Breakaway... Wonder if Wout will try to get in to grab more points (Sprinters and Climbers...)

image.png.1da1245abde011dc8d9d9d014be5aa44.png

Either way, they are just holding it warm until Roglic starts firing off his stage wins in the true mountains...

image.png.60d1bd78e5db46837186784d39c15aed.png

I see there's a bit of a fracas going on about BoC's team blocking the road yesterday .... Subsequently the entire team got 'yellow cards'

Ben questioned it in a tweet with an admission they had done it deliberately, he has since deleted his account on X

1 hour ago, NotSoBigBen said:

I see there's a bit of a fracas going on about BoC's team blocking the road yesterday .... Subsequently the entire team got 'yellow cards'

Ben questioned it in a tweet with an admission they had done it deliberately, he has since deleted his account on X

Yeah, I guess he is a tool in the end 🤣

15 hours ago, Jbr said:

Yeah, I guess he is a tool in the end 🤣

Didnt need a netflix doc to convince me this time...

A controversial mountain top finish with ramps of more than 20% and the highest point of the Vuelta. Could this be the day where Ben loses the leader's jersey - quite likely.

spacer.png