2024 UCI MTB World Championships Andorra

Popejohn

27 minutes ago, Bub Marley said:

Also part of the issues in the world is people taking offence to everything. 

Having a point of view that upholds a value in  not taking offense. 

using the “offended “ narrative is like the finger pointing action, there are fingers pointing back. The result is a total erosion of values that are replaced with nothing or ultimately chaos 

Edited by DieselnDust

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

indeed and when I see a MAMIL draped in rainbow stripes riding a ACME Proper but pre-fueled for a Munga x2 I soema wanna take a can of spray paint and go grafitti. World Champs stripes should be earned the hard way, not bought off a shelf

#provemewrong

I've never actually seen this, but it sounds the same as wearing an SA colours jersey or a Man U shirt. Nobody in their right mind believes the wearer is world champ. Maybe he or she is just being patriotic because AH just won the world's?  I think the tone of your answer is the issue, not so much the value you're upholding. Again no body thinks the "overfueld MAMIL" (does that mean fat?) you describe actually has won the Worlds. Your reaction is over the top.

Doesn’t matter whether people know you’re not a world champ. Stripes are served for those who actually earned it. Same as a replica springbok jersey isn’t the same as the real thing. They differ in many ways including sponsors. Cycling seems to be the only sport where the world champs , Tour de France yellow etc are plagiarised in carbon copies. 

3 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

Sure as long as it’s not got WC stripes. 
part of the issues in our world today is that we believe everyone is entitled to anything without earning it.

I agree 100%

Problem is there are so many copies, fakes, you name it out there that we just accept it. Wearing a world champion copy shirt is nothing like wearing a team or country shirt… people can align themselves and support a team or country, but not just the stripes on their own.

The white and WC stripes do look nice even if you don’t know the meaning so I can see why some mamil’s are attracted to it 

4 hours ago, Bub Marley said:

Also part of the issues in the world is people taking offence to everything. 

Not offence.
But you as a person know what respect is.  What tradition is.  And, as DieselnDust rightly pointed out, what is EARNED.

But in this world we live in today that no longer counts.
And what a "wonderful" world it is, né...........

Stripes should be worn by those who earn it.

Edited by Spinnekop

BREAKING: Hordes of rainbow-striped mamils storm the roads and trails!  What a bloody laugh, just enjoy the moment 😂.
I myself am not a fan of people wearing 'rainbow kit' either, but it really is a none issue and has no bearing one way or the other that's worth the hyberbolic word salad of projection. 

I remember one rainy morning trying to mission up Ou Kaaps with @Mamil, and we got passed by two riders on MTBs, one wearing a rainbow jersey. We stopped at the top and @Mamil asked if one of them was really a world champion, to which I replied "if that was Alan Hatherly, then yeah" - that was when he was U23 WC.

He and his mate obliterated us on dikwiels while we were on slinky road tyres

10 minutes ago, Headshot said:

Bet most of you are MAMIls dying to wear them stripes.

According to my in laws I can wear the stripes only after I have entered next years tour de France 

5 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

indeed and when I see a MAMIL draped in rainbow stripes riding a ACME Proper but pre-fueled for a Munga x2 I soema wanna take a can of spray paint and go grafitti. World Champs stripes should be earned the hard way, not bought off a shelf

#provemewrong

51 minutes ago, Danger Dassie said:

BREAKING: Hordes of rainbow-striped mamils storm the roads and trails!  What a bloody laugh, just enjoy the moment 😂.
I myself am not a fan of people wearing 'rainbow kit' either, but it really is a none issue and has no bearing one way or the other that's worth the hyberbolic word salad of projection. 

Someone mentioned me?

This mamil's only stripes are my cyclist's tan which makes me look like a neopolitan ice cream.

First off - you okes should be grateful to mamils - we buy the bikes and the sports nutrition that keeps the LBS going and second I AM actually fueling for a munga.

Also - you can tell if it's a world champ by the curvature of the rainbow - on MvdP and Alan and that ilk it's a straight line - on a mamil it's a wavy lumpy voluptuous curve

31 minutes ago, Headshot said:

Bet most of you are MAMIls dying to wear them stripes.

Another ANC argument …

” most of you taxpayers are dying to have money while we steal it”

8 minutes ago, Mamil said:

Someone mentioned me?

This mamil's only stripes are my cyclist's tan which makes me look like a neopolitan ice cream.

First off - you okes should be grateful to mamils - we buy the bikes and the sports nutrition that keeps the LBS going and second I AM actually fueling for a munga.

Also - you can tell if it's a world champ by the curvature of the rainbow - on MvdP and Alan and that ilk it's a straight line - on a mamil it's a wavy lumpy voluptuous curve

The best anti flat earth argument ever 😂

the earth is round because…. MAMILS!

quick I need to copyright this

Edited by DieselnDust

12 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

Another ANC argument …

” most of you taxpayers are dying to have money while we steal it”

You're a Mamil - own it