2025 Cape Town Prelude Cycle Tour

Madone69

What a load of hogwash....๐Ÿ‘Ž

Get Ready for the First-Ever

Prelude Challenge!

ย 

As part of our ongoing strategy to stay inclusive and community-oriented, we're excited to announce the inaugural 2025 Prelude Challenge for the Cape Town Cycle Tour. This exciting Challenge will enable participants from around the globe, who are unable to ride the race on the actual event day, to secure their 2025 Cape Town Cycle Tour medal, and official finishers credit.

For those living abroad, for those unable to ride on the day due to work or travel commitments, or religious obligations, there is now a viable option for everyone.

The Prelude Challenge will be hosted between Saturday, 22 February 2025 and Sunday, 2 March 2025. All Prelude Challenge participants will be required to enter via the primary Cycle Tour entry portal. The Prelude Challenge can be completed anywhere in the world, provided participants cycle 109km within 7 (seven) hours in one ride, and upload their ride to STRAVA. This can be done either on a bike outdoors or on a stationary bike in a virtual environment.

Every participant of the Prelude Challenge will be awarded a medal, and their effort will be officially recognised within the 2025 Cape Town Cycle Tour results.

Cape-based Prelude Challenge participants can still join fellow cyclists at the Cape Town Cycle Tour Expo to collect their goodie bags, souvenir race number and medal. Medals will be sent to those participating from outside of Cape Town. Extending the event in this way will enable far more people to contribute to the charities that benefit directly from the race entries.

I donโ€™t get it either. Could one get an official Sub3 via the Prelude then or even win?

Edited by Smartie

This is indeed a strange one, I know Muslim entrants are impacted this year though, but what is the point of this?

You're not doing the official route so how can you get an official result?

I incidentally might be missing next year due to a work trip though - but not sure I get this - doing 109km aside - this is just bizarre.

Edited by cadenceblur

If it means more money for their charities then cool, I guess?
And maybe it will count as a result for those going for Club 21 etc, but miss out due to religion etc.
For anyone doing the real one anyway, this seems pretty irrelevant. Smile and wave.

I assume the result will still be classified separately, as whatever prelude ride you do outside or virtually could be easier or harder than the CTCT.

Edited by HdB