Post your mtb SS

_Daemon_

Meh, just done some reading on Budnitz bikes. Designed (and built) initially by James Bleakley of Black Sheep bicycles and now built, with what looks pretty much like James' original Speedster design, by Lynskey.

Mr. Budnitz would appear to know little about bikes, other than how to market them and make them pretty expensive. To quote his website; "Paul Budnitz is an artist, author, filmmaker, product designer & entrepreneur." As far as design goes, this is what he designs: http://www.kidrobot.com

Black Sheep Speedster pic attached for reference.

All that said, they are very pretty bikes...

Looks like an old Bomber frame... I like!

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I've run both ways. Also depends on ratio, frame dimensions etc etc.

Haha - nice. Hope to here re the maiden voyage ;)

Awesome ride in rustenburg. 760m odd climbing in 35km so gave it a good test. Brakes failed both sides a few times to i learnt to pump them often ha ha

nice

Meneer, my garmin is gesteel met al daai roetes op wat ons gery het...sorry man, kan nie dit mail nie. Ons sal dit maar weer moet gaan ry clap.gif

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

'Rand Flyer' SS Rigid-

Now finished, with it's gold chain and chrome pedals.

Put her through her paces at the weekend, beautiful, well at least nothing fell off........me or the bike with the lack of suspension!!!!! Wrists took a bit of a hammering.

Going up the wall in Alberts Farm, easy side, was not as bad as I thought. Glad I started with 32/18 and not 32/16 though.

Need to take one more link out of the chain just to stop the little bit of chain slap.

post-10227-0-99516900-1370852688_thumb.jpg

post-10227-0-78012900-1370852718_thumb.jpg

Seems like I will have to come and show you okes how to gooi some lekker broadies :clap:

Is that Merida a mtb fork or cyclo-cross fork?