Post your mtb SS

_Daemon_

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So with the help of a friend and a few different chains and cogs I got the "magic gear"

No more tensioner...

..for now

http://photostand.co.za/images/09pt2kk12xwcgf9dtjs.jpg

Edited by Wedge

• 3 weeks later...

Finally. Still some tweaking (stem, dropper post, 2.4 ardents stuck in the post office) but she's rideable! I'm so excited.

post-48219-1412096582,4205.jpg

The idea here was single speed trail bike. I'm over the moon with the result. Once the dropper and fatter tyres are on, she'll be exactly as I wanted!

Edited by DomP

Finally, (and after learning how to post a pic)... (I guess reading all 112 pages of this thread will make you do this...)

attachicon.gifSTR.jpg

Edit: + The couch shot!

Lovely frame. Just one question. Are the threaded holes for the bottle cage tapped straight? Mate of one built one up recently. The holes where tapped so skeef that tbe bottle cage almost faced the side. He sent the frame back and was offered a refund as they claimed that the problem is accross the board on these frames.

So with the help of a friend and a few different chains and cogs I got the "magic gear"

No more tensioner...

..for now

Ps. Bra stuur my ñ whatsapp asb my foon het gekalf en ek't jou nr verloor.

No more tensioner...

..for now

That chain is going to stretch and then you will need some tensioning again .Sorry to burst your bubble but it does happen if you ride a lot

Lovely frame. Just one question. Are the threaded holes for the bottle cage tapped straight? Mate of one built one up recently. The holes where tapped so skeef that tbe bottle cage almost faced the side. He sent the frame back and was offered a refund as they claimed that the problem is accross the board on these frames.

Thanks Mnr. Haven't put the cage on yet... I'll let you know.

Ive also recently built up my SS trail bike. I have made sure chainline is correct and chain tensioner is inline with sprocket. HOWEVER when I apply force to the cranks going uphill, i feel the chain slip slightly. My chain is shortened however it can go shorter by 1 or 2 links. Could that be the reason ? The chain tensioner has tensioned up the chain very well even at the moment, however the chain still can go shorter once more. Could that be the problem ?

Thanks

Ive also recently built up my SS trail bike. I have made sure chainline is correct and chain tensioner is inline with sprocket. HOWEVER when I apply force to the cranks going uphill, i feel the chain slip slightly. My chain is shortened however it can go shorter by 1 or 2 links. Could that be the reason ? The chain tensioner has tensioned up the chain very well even at the moment, however the chain still can go shorter once more. Could that be the problem ?

Thanks

I am not an expert but when I had a tensioner I always had chain slipping never mind how tight the chain was. Bit the tighter the chain the better it was but it was always there.