Post your mtb SS

_Daemon_

You're right. What was I thinking blaming the bike. I struggle to keep up. What gearing do you run to keep up with the roadies? My 34 - 19 makes it impossible.

You will never run with roadies.

SS is not for keeping up with roadies, it's about gearing it for the climbs.

The rest you spin out.

It is also not about what gearing a particular person rides ,the gearing will be different from rider to rider.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you take the gears off so that you can get your landings on your jumps better balanced ?  :ph34r:

waahahahahahah Exactly. i figure i was going to fast on the last attempt so by limiting the gearing i can get the speed right. :D

You're right. What was I thinking blaming the bike. I struggle to keep up. What gearing do you run to keep up with the roadies? My 34 - 19 makes it impossible.

Eish that just made my gearing sound even smaller than what it is.

32  x 18 for me.

But I'm cool with my small gear.

• 2 weeks later...

And so it starts again 'upgrade-itis' ..

First the donor bike then the new frame, need to have the rear wheel rebuilt with a 142*12 hub (just so happens I have one), sort out some headset bits and going to use a half link chain with no tensioner as well as a proper single speed blade [emoji41]

post-271-1414346098,3131.jpeg

post-271-1414346141,4258.jpeg

What are your thoughts on the epicon Domp? I am loving mine

So under rated. I have it set to 120mm, and it's rock solid. Love it. At that price, I just can't believe how plush it is.