I have an idea for a new thread...

TNT1

For someone who was working in the Cape often for over a decade this report is stating the obvious.  What it does not mention and I have not statistics to prove it but the sentiments I picked up on the hub and from people I know, is that those who left SA and are returning are more likely to move to Western Cape as well.  If I had to move back to SA today it would be the Western Cape without a doubt.

I guess it is stating the obvious, and from what I see (GP number plates) the trend is accelerating

• Replies 78.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder how the influx will influence the water availability in the future....

I was wondering the same.  And from reports released some time ago about climate change things are not looking to bright for WC wrt water resources.

I guess it is stating the obvious, and from what I see (GP number plates) the trend is accelerating

It is something I have watched with interest for more than just a decade, because in my line of business, these new arrivals need my services sooner or later.

Yes, there has definitely been a Southwards migration, but often those in the corporate world still needs to work in Johannesburg if they want to keep climbing that particular ladder.

Trouble is, wives and kids refuse to move back once settled here, so the poor husband ends up commuting, flying up & down Mondays and Fridays. I don't know how they do it. Sure will kill me in a few months.

Young graduates often try first to find work in Cape Town, but then realize that there are more opportunities in Joburg. So there is a Northwards migration of young professionals, especially in the manufacturing and financial sectors.

In the creative fields like advertising and design, Cape Towns seems to be the place to be.

"They" say that stats indicate that 30 families are moving to the Garden Route area per month. [emoji33]

"Keep the rubber on the gravel "

Edited by BSG

It is something I have watched with interest for more than just a decade, because in my line of business, these new arrivals need my services sooner or later.

Yes, there has definitely been a Southwards migration, but often those in the corporate world still needs to work in Johannesburg if they want to keep climbing that particular ladder.

Trouble is, wives and kids refuse to move back once settled here, so the poor husband ends up commuting, flying up & down Mondays and Fridays. I don't know how they do it. Sure will kill me in a few months.

Young graduates often try first to find work in Cape Town, but then realize that there are more opportunities in Joburg. So there is a Northwards migration of young professionals, especially in the manufacturing and financial sectors.

In the creative fields like advertising and design, Cape Towns seems to be the place to be.

Looks like my destiny too.

Cant take the JHB aggression and lawlessness anymore tbh.

ZUMA SELLING INKANDLA TO MALEMA:

Malema: How much are you selling it for?

Zuma: How much do you have?

Malema: 800 thousand?

Zuma: Too small, I need something with a million inside.

Malema: Okay, how about half a million?

Zuma: Now you are talking. Done deal, you can have it.

Eish! ????????????????????????

"Keep the rubber on the gravel "

a book about moby ****?

was my post edited because I should have used upper case?

http://www.prepwise.com/wp-content/uploads/MobyDickTonyMillionaireCoverPoster.jpg

When you see it.

http://static.boredpanda.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/funny-selfie-background-reflection-fails-8-58988a751240c__605.jpg

Browsing Mom's Amazon account...

was my post edited because I should have used upper case?

http://www.prepwise.com/wp-content/uploads/MobyDickTonyMillionaireCoverPoster.jpg

Hyphen