I have an idea for a new thread...

TNT1

Dual wheels at the back, so not steerable.

Not driven, but steerable.

A guy I know is an engineer that specializes in abnormal loads. It's a very interesting field.

For the Caledon windfarm project he had to build a computer model of the terrain around one specific corner to see if they'll make it. And for certain components they had to take a different route as there was a bridge that wasn't strong enough.

Yeah, saw something similar on discovery or something where they also moved a massive object in the states or europe(not sure). They also used steerable trailers and they also have motorised dolly's

Very interesting. Oh yes, they also did a computer generated test.

• Replies 78.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

Dual wheels at the back, so not steerable.

Not driven, but steerable.

A guy I know is an engineer that specializes in abnormal loads. It's a very interesting field.

For the Caledon windfarm project he had to build a computer model of the terrain around one specific corner to see if they'll make it. And for certain components they had to take a different route as there was a bridge that wasn't strong enough.

I should have called you before I bought my dog a better new kennel.......and found that it was too big to go through the door in the back garden, too heavy to lift over the high electrified fence, impossible to get over the spiked wall......and I had to saw the roof off the thing to get it to where it had to be in 2 parts. Now it actually works better because you can take the roof off to clean it inside. So, in my rather haphazard kind of way, I got it just perfectly right.  

We have these, but have no idea if the rear turns

maxresdefault.jpg

We have that as well but the rear part is just a pure trailer. Also very common here.  If you look at my other pic you will notice it is a different setup.

This is more exciting about where things are going with AR...just the tip of the iceberg so to say

Edited by Hairy

22277504_1690314051000397_91619158437375

Thanks Morph.

This takes me back some ways to the days yonder when I used to paddle out at Vicbay, Herolds Bay and the spots around there. 

What I love about this pic is the anticipation about the ride to come. That drop, the bottom turn, the endless possibilities to come - is the wall going to fold and form a barrel, will the lip hold allowing huge carves, are there going to be sections to float or smash? Ah, to surf again...

Reminds me of many years ago, was in the '80 when a young black boy (estimated to be about 6 years old) stole a car somewhere in JHB.  Went flying over a speedtrap on the N1 at well over 160 km/h.  As the cops jumped out to pull the car over it just flew by and they could not see a driver in the car.  Cops put chase but had to call in a helicopter to help with the chase.  Somewhere by the golden highway the car went off an off ramp an made and error and went of the curb at hight speed, popping all four tires.  Helicopter spotted the boy jumping out and somehow he evaded them.  As the cops got to the car they still found some clothing that was on the seat that the boy sat on to help him see over the dashboard.