• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeremy Clarkson also did a doccie on the F15. Doesn't matter if you like him or not, I like that program.  They took him for a flip in a F15.  Jeremy was as sick as a dog as het got out of it and could barely walk.

so rode in town yesterday. past the KPMG Place building. They potentially have changed the name, as they have put duct tape over the poster where the name used to be. Or am Iooking for a conspiracy theory

post-1830-0-36325800-1510225318_thumb.jpg

Jeremy Clarkson also did a doccie on the F15. Doesn't matter if you like him or not, I like that program.  They took him for a flip in a F15.  Jeremy was as sick as a dog as het got out of it and could barely walk.

I wouldnt mind going up in any fighter jet. I challenge the pilot to try and make me puke. When I get out I will have a huge grin( well at least I believe I will have a grin). 

that would be correct bateleur

I did not realise F is a vowel? An comes before a vowel doesn't it?

Nope, you're both wrong

The real rule is as such:

The rule states that “a” should be used before words that begin with consonants (e.g., b, c ,d) while “an” should be used before words that begin with vowels (e.g., a,e,i). Notice, however, that the usage is determined by the pronunciation and not by the spelling, as many people wrongly assume.

For example:

AN hour (o sound), A hotel (Hard H)

A unique (y sound), AN underpass (hard U)

Another example which is particularly pertinent: In American English, Herb is pronounced with a soft H, or as we would say "erb". Therefore teh correct grammar would be AN herb (an 'erb)

In English english, Herb is pronounced with a hard H, therefore A herb. 

Edited by Myles Mayhew

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AUubFZs988

I watched this IMAX doccie. It is EPIC on a grand scale.

What I would give to just one time be in the rear seat of an F-15E as it blasts down the runway, takes off at full afterburners on those two monster jet engines, and get rocketed at breakneck speed straight up to 55000m, touching the fringes of space. All this in about the same time it took me to type all this, and click Post...(well, not quite, but darn near enough)

Iirc the F15 was the first airplane to have a power-to-weight ratio greater than 1:1 enabling it to accelerate in a vertical climb, straight up.

Nope, you're both wrong

The rule states that “a” should be used before words that begin with consonants (e.g., b, c ,d) while “an” should be used before words that begin with vowels (e.g., a,e,i). Notice, however, that the usage is determined by the pronunciation and not by the spelling, as many people wrongly assume. ps. i put a red herring grammer trap in it below

For example:

Another example which is particularly pertinent: In American English, Herb is pronounced with a soft H, or as we would say "erb". Therefore teh correct grammar would be AN herb (an 'erb)

A grammer nazi

An effing grammer nazi

Nope, you're both wrong

The rule states that “a” should be used before words that begin with consonants (e.g., b, c ,d) while “an” should be used before words that begin with vowels (e.g., a,e,i). Notice, however, that the usage is determined by the pronunciation and not by the spelling, as many people wrongly assume.

For example:

In this instance we are talking of an F.  Is there a soft F somewhere?  The sentence started "A F15".  Fully agree on the spoken language and not the spelling.