I have an idea for a new thread...

TNT1

It is in one of the most incredible art museums / gallery's in the world (well my little world anyway)

Museum d'Orsay

http://www.musee-orsay.fr/

The views from the coffee shop behind the clock are incredible ! Yes, not everyone might think so - but man I LOVE it there. The views over Paris to Sacre Coeur are like wow.

http://www.musee-orsay.fr/en/collections/works-in-focus/painting/commentaire_id/the-floor-planers-7164.html?tx_commentaire_pi1%5Bfrom%5D=841&tx_commentaire_pi1%5BpidLi%5D=509&cHash=72e9505792

I know it well... second only to the Orangerie. Monet's Water Lilies always make me misty eyed! http://www.musee-orangerie.fr/en

• Replies 78.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep changing my mind every few years, but atm my favourite (and weird out of this world :thumbup: ) experience was the Salvador Dali Museum in Figueres, Spain. The man was a mad genius! :clap:

It is in one of the most incredible art museums / gallery's in the world (well my little world anyway)

Museum d'Orsay

http://www.musee-orsay.fr/

The views from the coffee shop behind the clock are incredible ! Yes, not everyone might think so - but man I LOVE it there. The views over Paris to Sacre Coeur are like wow.

http://www.musee-orsay.fr/en/collections/works-in-focus/painting/commentaire_id/the-floor-planers-7164.html?tx_commentaire_pi1%5Bfrom%5D=841&tx_commentaire_pi1%5BpidLi%5D=509&cHash=72e9505792

100%. My favourite. I could lose hours on the works of Pissaro alone.

Edited by Blackbeard

When are you planning your trip to Lychee Meat Festival?

You gonna come with me?

I love when people get onto this whole issue around which animals are ok to eat and which aren't based on emotional attachment as to which is friend and which is food. 

post-2696-0-73429300-1538657726_thumb.jpg

post-2696-0-11913200-1538657734_thumb.jpg

You can sit on a set of stairs opposite the painting Romans during the Decadence by Couture and just look at it for ages.

I was never much into museums and art. Having spent two days at the louve I was still not moved - but this museum changed the way I saw art, so it has a special place.

Will try find out photo's from back in the day.

Note the statue on the bottom right of the one pic. Also very famous piece of art because it the sculpture was called a fraud!

"Leave me to buy pangolin scales and bush meat. It's my choice."

"Leave me to drive a thirsty V8. It's my choice."

"Leave me to throw my trash out the car window. It's my choice."

"Leave me to fondle kids. It's my choice."

It's so sad how liberalism has undermined the ability to assign personal accountability for so many people's choices. We're made to believe that the only authority is ourselves and that what we choose to do is good, because we made that choice based on our desires.

Choices aren't consequences free. We all share this planet. People need to understand that choices have consequences for all things - animals (incl. humans), the environment, future generations, etc.  

in the same way you got triggered by people having a go at your veganism - so other people get triggered by others eating dog, cat, horse, pig, cow, seaweed etc etc. 

The same people will go on about how people are supposed to be omnivores or how much land is being destroyed by soya plantations or whatever the argument du jour is. 

You know why vegans get such a hard time by others - it's the constant superiority complex that seems to emit along with the herb infused farts.  My comment was aimed specifically at the comment that - oh I don't have kids and therefore my carbon footprint is less and therefore I can eat meat - my point - we can all try and do better 0 without the judgement - without the superiority, without the guilt. 

Whether overnight we all became vegans, we're still gonna die -that the consequence for living. 

My comment was aimed specifically at the comment that - oh I don't have kids and therefore my carbon footprint is less and therefore I can eat meat - my point - we can all try and do better 0 without the judgement - without the superiority, without the guilt. 

Oh my bad.

I thought we were getting all pious about our life choices so I thought I'd join in. My humble apologies.

BTW my point was that we're all Fked anyway because at the current rate of population growth, extended life expectancy and consumption, in 50 years the cows will all be long gone and the only thing left to eat will be each other. And me munching on a steak (or not) has no real impact on the planet. I guess i didn't do a good job of communicating that. Once again. My humble apologies.

According to some googlings. The earth can sustain a population of between 10 and 11 billion people. as of 2016 the number is 7.4 billion. The population is expected to breach 9.7 billion in 2050.

Think about how people behave in the traffic when they're held up for 5 minutes. Now think about how those people will behave when the Earths resources are stretched to breaking point.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

You gonna come with me?

I love when people get onto this whole issue around which animals are ok to eat and which aren't based on emotional attachment as to which is friend and which is food. 

I just picked the dog one as it will resonate the most with the audience here.

As to the point on selectiveness.

Watch the Whale Whores South Park episode...

in the same way you got triggered by people having a go at your veganism - so other people get triggered by others eating dog, cat, horse, pig, cow, seaweed etc etc.

The same people will go on about how people are supposed to be omnivores or how much land is being destroyed by soya plantations or whatever the argument du jour is.

You know why vegans get such a hard time by others - it's the constant superiority complex that seems to emit along with the herb infused farts. My comment was aimed specifically at the comment that - oh I don't have kids and therefore my carbon footprint is less and therefore I can eat meat - my point - we can all try and do better 0 without the judgement - without the superiority, without the guilt.

Whether overnight we all became vegans, we're still gonna die -that the consequence for living.

From me, I don't think anyone is superior to anyone else - except for your boss, the President, and members of the law.

As far as becoming Vegan overnight, nah, I like my vleis too much. Meat is meat, but I can't see myself munching on a cat or a dog burger. Horses? Nah, it would make me think of that horse from The Neverending Story.

Medical world insisted I won't have one either. I tried for 10 years, including seeing prof. Kruger at the Vincent Palotti Fertility Clinic. Gave up last Feb. Told the wife I am over it, and will not see another doctor about fertility as long as I live.

My daughter turned 4 months old last Sunday.

After marrying a young beautiful girl, a ninety year old man told his

doctor that they were expecting a child.

"Let me tell you a story," said the doctor. "There was an absent minded

fellow who went hunting one day, and instead of taking a gun, brought

his umbrella. Before he realized his error, a bear charged him. He

aimed his umbrella at the bear, shot and killed him on the spot."

"That`s impossible!", the geezer exclaimed. "Somebody else must have

shot that bear!"

"Exactly!", replied the doctor.

;)

After marrying a young beautiful girl, a ninety year old man told his

doctor that they were expecting a child.

"Let me tell you a story," said the doctor. "There was an absent minded

fellow who went hunting one day, and instead of taking a gun, brought

his umbrella. Before he realized his error, a bear charged him. He

aimed his umbrella at the bear, shot and killed him on the spot."

"That`s impossible!", the geezer exclaimed. "Somebody else must have

shot that bear!"

"Exactly!", replied the doctor.

;)

I get the humour, but I dont find it funny in the context you quote.

Maybe it is friday, so i must be grumpy. Apologies I will go back to the company fridge and try look for the early G&T