loud hubs:noise or music to your ears?

zonker

I have just fitted a new hope pro2 rear hub to my mtb and really enjoy the clicking from the pawls when i freewheel.who thunks it is a pain in the ass and who enjoys it?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love loud hubs! the louder the better! Music to my ears. Nice hubs, with what rims did you get?

I love loud hubs! the louder the better! Music to my ears. Nice hubs, with what rims did you get?

i bent my rear rim on a ride the one saturday,managed to straighten it well enough to carry one riding.the next sunday i had a big crash and hit a tree with my front wheel and bent,buckled and cracked my front rim(fell free to have a laugh,we did).crc was having a special sale on ztr olympic lightweights,so i got two new ones for my wife and i took her old bontrager dusters from her bike for me as they were what i had on originally and the ztr's would never have taken my weight.put new hubs on the rear wheels at the same time and am now smiling big time.love the noise! :thumbup:

Reminds me of having a big fish on that is taking line off you and making the reel scream, I like it! My Campag road hubs sometimes get the odd stare from the mimes , but I still like the noise. I also like the old cashregister type "caatjching" sound when the Campy shifts!

A buddy of mine says it sounds like a fishing rod reel...

Krrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

The one on Ilse's bike is so silent that the spoeks make more noise in the wind than the freehub does.

Guest agteros

Find it very irritating, but it keeps me running thumbup1.gif

loud is nice! a bit weird going with something softer. Huge difference between my hope and mavic hubs on my DH bike, and the shimano hub on my XC bike. For out on the trails, the louder the better. On the road, i prefer low-key presence, so that shimano hub does just fine :)

I love the sound of my hopes, the other bonus is it gives the guy in front of you a heads up and tyo get off the trail !

Edited by Puncher

Also got Hope Pro II's, and I love the sound!

... except they give me away when riders ahead are granny gearing up a steep climb and they hear me freewheeling (pushing) :lol:

Edited by patches