loud hubs:noise or music to your ears?

zonker

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol...loud hubs really offend people? 

Yeah, I don't get it, but then again I am usually listening to an audio book whilst riding so I don't hear silly hub noises.

I used to love my loud hub, then a friend got the same now we can not chat on the trail unless we are pedalling

probably mentioned before, but I can see where loud hubs can be useful. Our trails have become much busier and it could be a warning for other trail users that someone is approaching.

Or you could get a trail chicken.

* my brakes sound like trail turkeys sometimes :P

Edited by MrJacques

Not a fan of a loud free-hub.

I recently lubricated the star ratchet on my DT 350 hub, it was overdue since it went from very loud to pleasantly "clicking".

Going to be even better when I finally get the 54T star-ratchet I ordered.

Yeah, I don't get it, but then again I am usually listening to an audio book whilst riding so I don't hear silly hub noises.

we live in a world of perpetual outrage and snowflake sensitivity.  Everything seems to make the fee-fees ouchy.  go figure

Not a fan of a loud free-hub.

I recently lubricated the star ratchet on my DT 350 hub, it was overdue since it went from very loud to pleasantly "clicking".

Going to be even better when I finally get the 54T star-ratchet I ordered.

54T is louder, I did this upgrade .

I couldn't care about loud hubs. I do care about those stupid loud motorbikes and cars.

It is embarrassing that we as a race still make that stuff. Noise pollution, air pollution and absolutely pointless on the road.

I often wonder what sort of person doesn't care that they are forcing other people to endure their super loud engine/music etc while revving balls unnecessarily in a suburban junction.

I also don't understand why we make cars or bikes for public roadways that accelerate really fast and go faster that 140kph. Surely we should be focussing on road user safety and putting our weird ego's aside?

As someone who's brain is wired differently, loud engines and strangely, hydraulic hissing, are big triggers which set me off. That revving messes with my well being and function for a really long time, especially if I don't see it coming. It triggers my anxiety, I get massive adrenal spikes and I withdraw. 

But nah, it doesn't matter because boet, 3.2 seconds to get to 100 and a max speed of 270! Boet!

I am not soft, I'm just wired differently. 

Hubs are a choice and are inoffensive. I have both quiet ones and loud ones and in between ones. My preferences are hubs that are reliable.

But you revving loud engine people can seriously eat a bag

I couldn't care about loud hubs. I do care about those stupid loud motorbikes and cars.

It is embarrassing that we as a race still make that stuff. Noise pollution, air pollution and absolutely pointless on the road.

I often wonder what sort of person doesn't care that they are forcing other people to endure their super loud engine/music etc while revving balls unnecessarily in a suburban junction.

I also don't understand why we make cars or bikes for public roadways that accelerate really fast and go faster that 140kph. Surely we should be focussing on road user safety and putting our weird ego's aside?

As someone who's brain is wired differently, loud engines and strangely, hydraulic hissing, are big triggers which set me off. That revving messes with my well being and function for a really long time, especially if I don't see it coming. It triggers my anxiety, I get massive adrenal spikes and I withdraw. 

But nah, it doesn't matter because boet, 3.2 seconds to get to 100 and a max speed of 270! Boet!

I am not soft, I'm just wired differently. 

Hubs are a choice and are inoffensive. I have both quiet ones and loud ones and in between ones. My preferences are hubs that are reliable.

But you revving loud engine people can seriously eat a bag

the outrage is strong in this one......unusual

Silent (e.g. electric) cars have some danger for pedestrians, especially those with visual impairments. Loud pipes saves lives :P