loud hubs:noise or music to your ears?

zonker

I live near a very popular road for both MTB and road cycling, and have been woken up early in the mornings by swarms of riders with obnoxiously loud hubs. To get over the noise of the hubs, they need to shout at the top of their lungs at each other, and you end up with something around the decibel level of a malfunctioning diesel truck.

It reminds me of car guys who modify their exhausts for maximum noise, because what you personally like hearing is more important than anybody else's peace of mind. I'll never understand those people. 

if you cant beat them why not join them and have some fun rather?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That buzz just sounds so premium man :thumbup:

Like purchasing a Ferrari and telling them to please silence the engine and exhaust as its irritating.

But, like the cake, it's a lie.

My cheap(er) training wheels are a lot louder than my fancy expensive race ones.

But, like the cake, it's a lie.

My cheap(er) training wheels are a lot louder than my fancy expensive race ones.

not if its chris king angry bees!!

if you like the loud hubs but cant afford the expensive stuff then just revert back to your childhood days and stuck a piece of cardboard in the spokes

if you like the loud hubs but cant afford the expensive stuff then just revert back to your childhood days and stuck a piece of cardboard in the spokes

not if its chris king angry bees!!

The only king in my wheel.

And make some bran muffins

I have lots of fun with my quiet hubs, thanks, and it makes no difference to anybody else's quality of life either. But I'm well aware I live in a country where the concept of 'other people' is as abstract as the concept of 'legal justice'; so I just try stay happy being in the minority. 

Edited by Nico van Loggerenberg

Like purchasing a Ferrari and telling them to please silence the engine and exhaust as its irritating.

Ah yes, my other favourite, people who rev their 'fancy' engines in suburban neighbourhoods. It's certainly premium 'the best thing about my life is showing other people how much money I have' territory, and that's a territory I prefer to stay away from.

My very loud Harley still got to a 100 in under 4 seconds ;) life is too short to care what anyone thinks :D

Same with mine. Stage 2 with Akrapovic pipes and a race tuner etc. It hauled more than enough ass for my liking. Over 160km/h is pointless anyway.

I have a set of mavic crossmax wheels .Best wheelset with the best hub voice also .Not to harsh or to load .Reminds me of “sonbesies”cicadas 

Nothing like asking a loud hub rider "how's the engagement on that hub?". Easiest way to tell apart a follower from a trail shredder :)

Lol...loud hubs really offend people? But it’s 2020 after all. Go figures.

If you are really bothered by the sound of a fellow cyclists hubs...you are fabricating stuff to worry about and you probably need sone real problems to gain some perspective.

Again..my road bike is dead silent...and my Mtb sounds like a angry wasp. I like them both. I like it when i come across a ZZZZ i’ve not heard before also. Always gets me thinking about what hub it could be. They all sound unique...and also have a different resonance in different frame materials imo.

Edited by morneS555