Smoking and Cycling

Slowbee

As Mousea say's it does vary. For me I just had nausea from the Champix. Starter kit is less than a months worth of smokes, so not too much to lose. If fantasizing about pulling an Oscar, discontinue use.

i also only had the "morning sickness" 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking of trying Champix, but I hear the side effects are quite hectic :ph34r:

Hi Craig, an addicted brain is a very powerful thing...don't listen to it. Step 1 " Easy Way" Believe you can quit and believe it will be easy... The results will SHOCK you!!

This is what I did..

Step 1 : I DECIDED TO QUIT...

Step 2 : Read " Easy Way" and felt excited to give up (..true story..)

Step 3 : Took Champix and it helped ...( a few side effects but decided that they would not interfere.)

Step 4 : Gave up nicotine for good and have never looked back nor will I

Good luck Mate! Others have done it an you can too!!!

Last Ciggie 29th November 2013

Edited by Ryanie

Hi Craig, an addicted brain is a very powerful thing...don't listen to it. Step 1 " Easy Way" Believe you can quit and believe it will be easy... The results will SHOCK you!!

This is what I did..

Step 1 : I DECIDED TO QUIT...

Step 2 : Read " Easy Way" and felt excited to give up (..true story..)

Step 3 : Took Champix and it helped ...( a few side effects but decided that they would not interfere.)

Step 4 : Gave up nicotine for good and have never looked back nor will I

Good luck Mate! Others have done it an you can too!!!

Last Ciggie 29th November 2013

Congrats for kicking the habit, and thanks.

Ja that all sounds easy, but I think I'll find it a bit of a mission.. I can only try I guess.

• 2 weeks later...

Lol  :w00t:

Pretoria - A Waterkloof Ridge student’s smoking habit cost him his inheritance, the High Court in Pretoria heard on Tuesday.

This came to light as one of Pretoria West businessman Dawid van Vuuren’s sons contested his will, in which he disinherited his two sons and bequeathed everything to his two daughters.

http://www.iol.co.za/news/crime-courts/sons-inheritance-claim-goes-up-in-smoke-1.1826666#.VPauq_mUeqE

I was thinking of trying Champix, but I hear the side effects are quite hectic :ph34r:

I went cold turkey  so to speak and just quit.

21 months later I still haven't had a smoke. The key for me this time(Yes i stopped and started again plenty times) was not to have the first drag again.

Must admit that with the wife still smoking it wasn't easy and still to this day i sometimes get a craving.

Champix worked a dream for me , just always eat before taking the tablet to avoid the nausea. From 40 a day to nothing in 14 days. Champix is fantastic.

It's bad for your health.

After the fires here, if I catch you lighting up at the side of the road, you're getting a slap.

I went cold turkey  so to speak and just quit.

21 months later I still haven't had a smoke. The key for me this time(Yes i stopped and started again plenty times) was not to have the first drag again.

Must admit that with the wife still smoking it wasn't easy and still to this day i sometimes get a craving.

I can believe you.. about 2 years before my grandmother died, she said to me that she kicked the habit about 40 years ago, and she still craved a cig.

• 3 months later...

In October I will be 4 years clean. Not one drag at all. I think that's the key. Many people think cutting down is a start. If you're serious about quitting, stop completely. That's the only way.

In October I will be 4 years clean. Not one drag at all. I think that's the key. Many people think cutting down is a start. If you're serious about quitting, stop completely. That's the only way.

Today is 2 years for me. Its still hard sometimes as my wife smokes. But i know if i have that one drag, it will lead to more and eventually back to two packs a day.

Still off the Butts! 2 years now! Still crave every now and then! Do my lungs miss it, no way!

The champix made it easy for me to quite but I was stupid and had a drag months later which led to more and I started smoking again. Back on the tablets and will quit again Ina few days, this time I know where I went wrong and will get it done for good. Not 1 drag can be had. Shows you how powerfully addictive this **** is.

October will be 3 years for me. Lungs still cry for oxygen on the hills. Will it get better, don't know and doesn't seem like it from what I get online. 18 years heavy smoking killed my lungs. But nearly 8000km of cycling since kicking the habit has given me a few more years when I'm old. That's all that matters now.