29er tyres

Spartacus88

So after second side wall cut I want the conti protections

But no stock of 2.2 what would the impact of 2.4 on the back be ?

95 kg weekend warrior on stans flow rims

Up front

Continental Mountain King II Protection 29 x 2.4''

On back

Continental X-King Protection 29 x 2.4''

Miles, for your size bigger volume is better. ;)

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey easy tiger I am down to 92kg way way off my peak [emoji12]

But thanks for input I will go for it than !

Sounds like you want a Pyga :P

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there, have any of you had a look at the Vittoria Peyote? I am curious. I am a racing Ralph fan but when I wanted to fit new Tyres for Sani there are no 2,1 available in the 2015 tyre. I run American Classic wide lightning wheels on a Cannondale Flash carbon HT 29. I am a racer. 78kg.

I am running RR 2,25 front and a crosmark 2,1 as my training Tyres. I have a thunder burt in 2,1 but don't think that is suitable for sani! I have a worn Geax AKA which I did not realy like, don't know why but I don't want it as a tyre. I have also gone through a set of the Onza Cannis Tyres and did enjoy them but still my first choice is the RR. I won't race on the Crossmark. I have also torn the sidewalks of the two RR evo Tyres that came with my bike so those are out as well. Snakeskin for me.

Another option is the x king, I don't know the tyre at all.

Any input on my best solution for Sani would be appreciated, I would describe my riding style as smooth in the technical sections, I ride karkloof on the racing Ralph's and have no issues with grip.

Much appreciated

Ryan

Go for the 2.25 again. Faster rolling than the 2.1's thanks to the lower pressure you can run them at (yes, that's right - lower pressure is actually lower rolling resistance on MTB - google it) and with those wide lightnings they will be brilliant. 

I tried the Xkings recently.

The 2.2 protection was very narrow which I didn't like and the tyre compound felt hard and unforgiving. Was grippy in a straight line but bounced around too much in rocky areas and didn't feel sure footed in the narrow version. I see a lot of guys ride the 2.4 version which is probably the same as a 2.25 normal tyre.

Fitted 2.25 RR now and much happier.

Guest notmyname

Anybody here tried out the Vittoria Barzo 29er 2.25 TNT? I'm now running a Saguaro upfront with this Barzo rear.

Hi, I have a Trek Mamba 29er with Bontrager 29-2, 29x2.2" front & rear tyres and wanted to know if these will be compatible to go tubeless? Also what are the pros and cons of going tubeless?

• 2 months later...

Okay, CWCSale going on, a mate needs tyres for his hardtail:

Conti Race King 29 2.2 @ R380or,

Conti X-King 29 2.2 @ R380 or,

Schwalbe Racing Ralph 2.1 @ R270

OKGO!

Are they the snakeskin or protection versions? Probably not at that price, wouldn't touch them if they aren't, just wouldn't be money well spent.

• 8 months later...

Question for those in the know ... any reason why I should not do the Sani2C on Crossmarks 2.1 29ers?

Question for those in the know ... any reason why I should not do the Sani2C on Crossmarks 2.1 29ers?

Because their cornering traction will leave you lying on your face in a scorpion pose, this may or may not include your bike, depending on if you managed to unclip or not.

If you must you can leave one of them on the rear. Get something more grippy up front.

Lots of options 'cos almost anything is more grippy

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Because their cornering traction will leave you lying on your face in a scorpion pose, this may or may not include your bike, depending on if you managed to unclip or not.

I agree with you on that one, I had Crossmarks front and rear on my first mtb, had a couple of lose the front wheel falls, niks lekker nice, especially as I was still very inexperienced at mtb. Replaced with a spez ground control 2.3 and it made a huge difference. It was probably the best upgrade I made, my confidence and therefore speed improved drastically after that.