29er tyres

Spartacus88

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Geax Saguaro

I also ride GEAX Saguaro and I like them.

He tried the Saguaro. It lasted longer than the Maxxis ICON, but still not much satisfaction.

Edited by IH8MUD

I also like GEAX Saguaro and I like them.

He tried the Saguaro. It lasted longer than the Maxxis ICON, but still not much satisfaction.

Stupid question but am I right in saying he has converted the wheels to tubeless?

Stupid question but am I right in saying he has converted the wheels to tubeless?

Legitimate question. Yes his running Tubeless with Stan's

Legitimate question. Yes his running Tubeless with Stan's

and he snakebites a geax saguaro :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

punctures will always be reality, but a standard snot plug will sort that out 99% of the times. The frequency here is the issue. If he is a big boy he might be running too low ito pressures

and he snakebites a geax saguaro :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Honestly, he snakebited (if there is such word) a Saguaro tire at 2.1Bar and manage to dent the rim the other day. Right in front of me on a training ride. Hole next to rim and on the thread area.

1 x Scott Spark 940

1 x Scott Scale 940

4 x Geax Saguaro

8 Days Cape Epic 2014

Tyre problems = 0

He Snikebited a new Saguaro (also 2.1Bar) on day-4 (Stage3) of this year 2014 Cape Epic.

I kid you guys not. . . . And as mentioned he is only 73kg.

I know punctures is inevitable bit as mentioned the frequency is ridiculous.

I felt a bit daft when I posted this question( who can not sort out punctures)

But I don't have advice any more. :huh:

Edited by IH8MUD

• 3 weeks later...

Try Maxxis Ardents - bulletproof, lots of grip, and faster rolling than you'd think. Not the greatest shedder of mud though.

I love the Maxxis Ardents, but they are so heavy at 880grams

@ IH8MUD get your buddy to try the Vredestein black panthers. I had a similar problem with the GEAX Saguaro. I punctured and destroyed 5 tyres in the space of three months on my back wheel. I am 76kg 183cm and ride a hard tail. I moved to the Vredesteins and have really enjoyed them.

@ IH8MUD get your buddy to try the Vredestein black panthers. I had a similar problem with the GEAX Saguaro. I punctured and destroyed 5 tyres in the space of three months on my back wheel. I am 76kg 183cm and ride a hard tail. I moved to the Vredesteins and have really enjoyed them.

Price?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Ive just put on a conti Pure grip X King 2.4 on the front and will test it Sunday, it looks and feels good so far

I went from Race King 2.2's to Pure Grip Mountain King 2.4's this past week and couldn't be happier.  The extra grip is just crazy!

They took some getting used to though, feedback was very different and are a lot more responsive/sensitive to small movements of the bars.