Coffee machine

2 hours ago, Mudsimus said:

The heat up time was the main reason I got the Lelit. You go from switch on to brew temp in 3 minutes, including heating the group head and portafilter.

Then its also got a PID, and its an absolute game changer. No temperature surfing needed, and you can play around with lighter roast beans.

The pressure guage also allows you to do a brute force pre infusion.

The only downside compared to the Rancilio is that its 57mm and the Silvia has a bigger steam boiler. That said, I managed to find all the accessories for the Lelit, and you can get cafe quality steam milked with some adjustment on the PID.

Awesome, appreciate your time to give some good feedback.  Pretty much confirms what most of the reviews are saying.  I also think the Lelit is more aesthetically pleasing than the Rancilio.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any reccomendations for good speciality coffees? We have so many coffee roasters in SA, but very few that roasts proper speciality coffees. I got stuck on Father and Bluebird for a while and would like to give something else a try.

20220617_201650.jpg

4 hours ago, Bongo said:

Awesome, appreciate your time to give some good feedback.  Pretty much confirms what most of the reviews are saying.  I also think the Lelit is more aesthetically pleasing than the Rancilio.

Itching to let go of my nuove simonelli for one of these Lelits... 

On 6/24/2022 at 11:10 AM, Muttley said:

So I know this place is for the proper coffee aficionado's so please don't lynch me with my post.. 

Out with the old and in with the new:

Image-1(1).jpeg.a3a76019b11bf0f50c7aec8de8f674e8.jpeg

Introducing Judy who makes everything so much better:

Image(1).jpeg.10a9583365c66c0261e895837c342e13.jpeg

Nice man. If I were to replace my Jura xf50, I would look at the e6. Enjoy Judy....... 😉 

On 6/23/2022 at 6:37 PM, Bongo said:

agreed.

Where you getting the Lelit from if I may ask?

19 hours ago, babse said:

agreed.

Where you getting the Lelit from if I may ask?

I thought it would be easy to buy through onlinecoffeeshop.co.za but see they're out of stock.  I will give them a call shortly and see what the lead time is

1 minute ago, Bongo said:

I thought it would be easy to buy through onlinecoffeeshop.co.za but see they're out of stock.  I will give them a call shortly and see what the lead time is

+-12 weeks 🙃

On 6/21/2022 at 8:14 PM, Vishal72 said:

Got a Gaggia Classic Pro and  a Eureka Mignon Manuale. 
Added a 9 bar spring, IMS shower screen and PID. 
Very happy with the setup

826832CC-C3CE-41CE-BF89-427ADCE300F8.jpeg

B87614C9-1017-4648-87F5-6E6D41522770.jpeg

AC66B856-C8E8-4D53-9C8B-5C1DFBD0505D.jpeg

Also bought a gaggia yesterday! Excl the upgrades... 

What did you pay for the PID and where did you get it done? (Edit, saw above where you got it lol)

Edited by BikingYoda
Updated

On 6/23/2022 at 11:08 PM, babse said:

Itching to let go of my nuove simonelli for one of these Lelits... 

Do it... I have a spot on the counter for that Oscar

On 7/2/2022 at 10:41 AM, Alouette3 said:

Do it... I have a spot on the counter for that Oscar

hahaha fortunately I cannot find the lelit or a decent upgrade that isn't requiring me to sell the house 

• 3 weeks later...

Have my birthday coming up and wanting to get a Moka pot and hand grinder for when there is no power and the Rocket is off duty… 

Will be just me and possibly one more having coffee, so doesn’t need to have large capacity. 

Are there any brands that I should stay clear of or are they all pretty much equal? Is a Moka the way to go or should I rather look at an aeropress? Will be drunk as an espresso/black as plant based milks don’t mix too great without some heat to them. 

37 minutes ago, BikeisLife said:

Have my birthday coming up and wanting to get a Moka pot and hand grinder for when there is no power and the Rocket is off duty… 

Will be just me and possibly one more having coffee, so doesn’t need to have large capacity. 

Are there any brands that I should stay clear of or are they all pretty much equal? Is a Moka the way to go or should I rather look at an aeropress? Will be drunk as an espresso/black as plant based milks don’t mix too great without some heat to them. 

Honestly, I I wouldn't buy a fancy moka  pot over an Aeropress. 

Bu I've got a cheap 2 cup mokka pot that I use often, and I can't taste the difference between that and our Bialetti pot. However, I am a bit nervous about the aluminum pot over long term use, so I'll probably replace it with a generic stainless steel one. So if you go mokka pot, I'd suggest a SS pot.