Coffee machine

From what I've heard, an analog espresso is when you use a fine grind, and a rapid plunge (on the aeropress) and voila... an espresso, but not the real thing.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if anyone here uses Deluxe, I can definitely recommend their Columbian single origin.

My new daily going forward.

Shot been always using house blend for last 5-6 years keen to try it

I would also like to know. You don't get crema and the cascading effect from the aeropress as far as I know?

Nope - no crema to speak of unless you are using VERY freshly roasted beans - as in day of roasting - by espresso analog I mean its close but not the same thing - close enough to be drinkable anyway.

@Grebel if you still making tampers, I'm keen on another handle, had some family over for sons bday and the handle cracked when it fell to the ground, I'm unable to tighten the handle as tight as it should be,

Really enjoyed this tamper, best I've owned

Nespresso Lattisima or Nespresso Citiz and Milk?

Would love a bean to cup but budget doesn't agree. :thumbdown: 

Anyone keen on a Gaggia Baby ClassD? Looks like the below internet pic...

s-l300.jpg

Yes! Will WhatsApp you

@Grebel if you still making tampers, I'm keen on another handle, had some family over for sons bday and the handle cracked when it fell to the ground, I'm unable to tighten the handle as tight as it should be,

Really enjoyed this tamper, best I've owned

Can do [emoji106] will let you know when it is ready.

So with a budget of about 15k, what's the best machine out there? Or is the answer buried somewhere in this thread? Heard Jura is well regarded?

Would like a bean-to-cup machine that can do two cups at a time. With built-in milk jug (or is this over-rated?).

Great coffee and reliability are priority.

Calling on the infinite wisdom of the coffee fanatics on Hubland.

Thank you!

PS: Not a fan of Nespresso!

Edited by Jonesy

Hey guys. 

So i just bought myself a Saeco auto machine. So far so good. 

Just wanted to ask what the story with the grinder settings is. At the moment i have it set in the middle of the road, but whats the best way to go (a finer grind or more coarse). 

Been using a Moka pot exclusively for the last couple of months.

From what I have read, it seems I can get an even better coffee by grinding my own beans prior to brewing, but Holy crapazoids, Burr grinders are 'spensive...

Probably eventually get a manual grinder for now. 

Been using a Moka pot exclusively for the last couple of months.

From what I have read, it seems I can get an even better coffee by grinding my own beans prior to brewing, but Holy crapazoids, Burr grinders are 'spensive...

Probably eventually get a manual grinder for now.

I'll rather hand grind using my porlex mini every day, than use pre-ground beans.

I love my porlex mini as it makes a lekker fine grind, and nests well inside my aeropress, but there are other options as well.

I'm more in the price range for a Hario mini slim plus or Hario skerton plus.

Hoping someone will give me feedback that has some experience with these.