Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

May be a reaction with something in the powder or softener? Under sweating conditions, it attacks... 

No idea.  More comfortable when riding, but long distance runs... sometimes feels like more of a hassle than it is worth... (especially for those extra 50 Discovery award points :whistling: )

Was hoping there would be a fenix 4 in the pipeline with optical sensor.... till then this wrist strap seems to work well and significantly less noticeable than a chest strap

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No idea.  More comfortable when riding, but long distance runs... sometimes feels like more of a hassle than it is worth... (especially for those extra 50 Discovery award points :whistling: )

Was hoping there would be a fenix 4 in the pipeline with optical sensor.... till then this wrist strap seems to work well and significantly less noticeable than a chest strap

Was hoping that, myself. Till I realised that I don't *really* need it, and I wanted it NOW. 

Was hoping that, myself. Till I realised that I don't *really* need it, and I wanted it NOW. 

Ya all the new forerunners seems to be released with optical hrm sensors... so was surprised the F3 did not have... and the way garmin seems to have new products every other month these days... who knows, maybe an F3s or F4 sooner rather than later

My main gripe is battery life.  7-10 hours.

Another thing that I have to remember to charge.  Suppose it is not a big deal if you plug your Garmin in, ditto on the Mio.

Also a lot of bad publicity surrounding accuracy on the wrist.  Apparently it does not like light? 

Can't read anything bad on DCRainmakers review though.......

Thanks for sharing

attachicon.gifIMG_1405.JPG

Not new but new to me !!

Cant wait to Hit the trails with her !!

It really is in good condition, but please for the sake of my sanity get rid of those reflectors on the wheels!!!

Why would they even put those things on to begin with?!!?

New toys!  :clap:

Absolute Black 34T Oval Chainring: 

attachicon.gif20151201_081937-1.jpg

And Garmin Edge 520: 

attachicon.gif20151124_112254.jpg

Bought the same chainring about 2 weeks ago. Had a normal round 32T ring before. Feels like I am climbing more comfortable with the oval 34T than with the round 32T. Huge bonus is bigger top end speed on the flats as well. Best buy in a long time for me

My main gripe is battery life.  7-10 hours.

Another thing that I have to remember to charge.  Suppose it is not a big deal if you plug your Garmin in, ditto on the Mio.

Also a lot of bad publicity surrounding accuracy on the wrist.  Apparently it does not like light? 

Can't read anything bad on DCRainmakers review though.......

Thanks for sharing

After every ride, run or swim I charge my Garmin, so for me not much of a hassle to charge another... the chargers are all lined up.

Battery life is ok for my usage and will do a 70.3 which is what I need for. If I decide to step up to a full IM then will probably go back to a chest strap.

Think a lot of the accuracy issues are from people not wearing it tight enough on the wrist. So far have had no issues with dropping signal and records fine on my garmins as accurate as my chest strap on similar workouts... but is still early days using it.

I read DC Rainmaker write up before deciding :)

It really is in good condition, but please for the sake of my sanity get rid of those reflectors on the wheels!!!

Why would they even put those things on to begin with?!!?

Taking that off today !!

putting on my EMBA board and other items.

PS will send an updated picture

Edited by jules1976

Taking that off today !!

putting on my EMBA board and other items.

PS will send an updated picture

We should meet up and do setting up ride? Not happy with my set-up but am starting to enjoy the bike a little more.

I need all the help I can get.

Edited by Sepia