Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

K. Right. I bought the onyx rear hub after perving over it for the last 3years. Imported via fanatikbike. For those that don't know yet. Onyx (racing products) hub is a sprag clutch hub. Near instant (imperceptibly quick) engagement. Lowest of low resistance and most importantly for me... Dead ass quiet. First proper ride this am laced on some dartmoor thunder rims with my usual Goodyear tyres. Bike essentially transformed. The engagement also doesn't feel metal on metal as with a pawl/star ratchet hub. It's softer than a clunk but in a good way. The most mind blowing for me was riding some lekker rocky sections on conties this am and hearing nothing but tyre/soil/suspension work.

This is a part that I don't see myself moving on from soon. Spoilt rotten by myself.

K. Right. I bought the onyx rear hub after perving over it for the last 3years. Imported via fanatikbike. For those that don't know yet. Onyx (racing products) hub is a sprag clutch hub. Near instant (imperceptibly quick) engagement. Lowest of low resistance and most importantly for me... Dead ass quiet. First proper ride this am laced on some dartmoor thunder rims with my usual Goodyear tyres. Bike essentially transformed. The engagement also doesn't feel metal on metal as with a pawl/star ratchet hub. It's softer than a clunk but in a good way. The most mind blowing for me was riding some lekker rocky sections on conties this am and hearing nothing but tyre/soil/suspension work.

This is a part that I don't see myself moving on from soon. Spoilt rotten by myself.

I'm also a bit over loud hubs. And those Onyx hubs sure are good looking. What did it set you back landed in SA if you don't mind me asking?

Was on "sale" but the single rear hub still put me back 250usd... So 4.5k. I got over the price after the first ride. The silence is something to experience.

Signed for yesterday, should be delivered early next week. Towbar and anti smash/grab window tinting to be fitted

used-haval-h2-1972260-1.jpg

One of my colleagues has one, she's very happy.  Been driving it for about a year now, no issues!  Hope you have many happy miles!

One of my colleagues has one, she's very happy.  Been driving it for about a year now, no issues!  Hope you have many happy miles!

Good to hear. Looks like great value for money, lots of standard equipment that is extra's with the other manufacturers.

I trust that we will be happy, did a lot of searching, very little problems reported with them. Best of all, it is up to 100K cheaper than comparable models of other manufacturers.