Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

53 minutes ago, Chadvdw67 said:

I did another bad thing ????????

20211001_151704.jpg

Aahhh was wondering who snapped it up, had my eye on it too but was to slow

Nice man

My "road bike" came with a 1x8 setup.  Perfect for commuting .... less so for long rides including the likes of Franschoek pass ....

Bike prepped -

P1.jpg.d6d8766264d2640f96cb0135a20f12d4.jpg

After months of stock issues, I finally got my grubby paws on the bits to go 1x11

P2.jpg.de3ecb57fac55fe06eb5f800d915de1d.jpg

Took a shortcut, and re-used the old outer cable .... fitted the new outer cable this morning, and enjoying the super smooth functioning :clap:

now to get past this summer flu, and to go TEST it up Franschoek pass :whistling:

18 hours ago, ChrisF said:

My "road bike" came with a 1x8 setup.  Perfect for commuting .... less so for long rides including the likes of Franschoek pass ....

Bike prepped -

P1.jpg.d6d8766264d2640f96cb0135a20f12d4.jpg

After months of stock issues, I finally got my grubby paws on the bits to go 1x11

P2.jpg.de3ecb57fac55fe06eb5f800d915de1d.jpg

Took a shortcut, and re-used the old outer cable .... fitted the new outer cable this morning, and enjoying the super smooth functioning :clap:

now to get past this summer flu, and to go TEST it up Franschoek pass :whistling:

A notable feature of these recent derailleurs is the arrowed lever switch.  I’ve heard that a workshop was unaware of it’s purpose and I’ve found that some users don’t yet know.

shimano.jpg

Happy commuting and trails with the new setup.

Edited by justinafrika

Most cycling related purchases in our house these days are for the little one(s)....

If you are ever looking for an AMAZING kids bike (this is a 16", but they start smaller) I would highly recommend Prevelo!

NO BACK PEDAL BRAKES! yeah!!

Our little girl is only 3y3m (102cm) now but fits her really well and it comes with 2 different size seatposts so it will go for quite some time too. She still needs to get the hang of the brakes and then onto the pedals. Happy little girl though with her pretty cool bike! (Light too @ < 6.5kg)

IMG-20210830-WA0034.jpg.2cdf4c6fec6f45b7f14b82a5b14864d0.jpgIMG-20210830-WA0013.jpg.a9831c2e813d96e77c3b30d445402ee8.jpg

Edited by hayleyearth

Proper proper, and stylish as well.  Excellent product design and spec, with a matching price.  Note to self:  “Start rapid save measures for three year old and only grandson across the country.”  Great choice, thanks for the heads up.

Edited by justinafrika

38 minutes ago, TheoG said:

If I may ask, where did you buy the chain lube thingy?  Did you use it yet and how is it?

cyclelab.

havent used it yet. the idea was that its small enough to tuck into my carry on luggage to take it to cape town. Yes I cleaned and lubed my chain before the bike was sent down, but it wont hurt to add a bit more lube when I collect the bike on saturday.

initial thoughts.

I'd have preferred a flat base on the  bottle, that way it could stand on its own.

It has a pin in the cap that inserts into the little opening so it is supposed to seal it so lube doesnt drop out. I like that.

The two "guides" on the side are also meant to take off excess gunk from the sides of the chain. that might mean things get a little messy.

2 extra "guides" are supplied.

1 hour ago, ouzo said:

cyclelab.

havent used it yet. the idea was that its small enough to tuck into my carry on luggage to take it to cape town. Yes I cleaned and lubed my chain before the bike was sent down, but it wont hurt to add a bit more lube when I collect the bike on saturday.

initial thoughts.

I'd have preferred a flat base on the  bottle, that way it could stand on its own.

It has a pin in the cap that inserts into the little opening so it is supposed to seal it so lube doesnt drop out. I like that.

The two "guides" on the side are also meant to take off excess gunk from the sides of the chain. that might mean things get a little messy.

2 extra "guides" are supplied.

Too narrow for my SS chain.