Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

9 minutes ago, MajG said:

And I made sure that you don't dwell on your mistakes for too long, which became my gain????????

Thanks for an immaculate condition bike @Chadvdw67

20211016_153605_compress1.jpg

Single bottle bosses and top tube internal cable routing makes that a Slade Trail.  Excellent choice, and hard to find now.  I’m told they’re very good on the techy trails, right?

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

52 minutes ago, justinafrika said:

Single bottle bosses and top tube internal cable routing makes that a Slade Trail.  Excellent choice, and hard to find now.  I’m told they’re very good on the techy trails, right?

You are spot on Sir.

Hard to find and thus so happy Chad gave the the option.

It handles well on the techie stuff, and actually doesn't climb too bad at all.

Did few black trails the wknd and she didn't feel out of place.

2 hours ago, MajG said:

And I made sure that you don't dwell on your mistakes for too long, which became my gain????????

Thanks for an immaculate condition bike @Chadvdw67

20211016_153605_compress1.jpg

Glad she is with someone who can actually use her, very disappointed that it didnt work out with me, it is an amazing bike

Insta360 One X2 Sports Action Camera Price in Dubai, Abu Dhabi - Buy Online  at XIAOMI DUBAI

Technically a work-related purchase. It would be a waste if was riding related, as I already have 2 GoPro's gathering dust due to the fact that filming my riding only reminds me how unremarkable my skills are ????

image.png.eb763dd1ea0d58f46145d54253325418.png

The idea is that I wear it on my hard-hat and walk around my construction sites (3 currently on the go at the hospital) to capture daily progress and create a 360 degree environment for raising issues, health & safety, coordination and snag listing.

image.png.cfc81411175f18ec1f7fd831f92cf13e.png

The platform I use (Openspace.ai) uses a super-smart algorithm to turn a passively captured 360 video into a stitched 360 photo environment automatically aligned to the floorplans.

image.png.41d50da563f7aeeb2fa85ba1fd09c3d0.png

The green is the route I walked, capturing the better part of a ward in under 5min.

Anyway, enough about work, I believe the Insta360's have some awesome cycling related uses, as Matt Jones demonstrates

On 10/14/2021 at 12:57 PM, ewep said:

2 straps have died on me (only the straps though).  Was looking at the Pro, but the price.

Do you rinse your strap after each use? I rinse mine briefly in the shower and let it hang on the towel rail to dry....they last me years (and are used 6 times a week).

21 minutes ago, travisza said:

Do you rinse your strap after each use? I rinse mine briefly in the shower and let it hang on the towel rail to dry....they last me years (and are used 6 times a week).

Same her, Polar though ...

On 10/14/2021 at 1:28 PM, Jetstar500 said:

After 5 years of faithful service, I have replaced my Specialized Tarmac with this:

IMG_1233.JPG

Nice! Is that the RC10...specs please

On 10/14/2021 at 1:28 PM, Jetstar500 said:

After 5 years of faithful service, I have replaced my Specialized Tarmac with this:

IMG_1233.JPG

That blue. Mooi, man. Enjoy many miles!

1 hour ago, sunchaser said:

Nice! Is that the RC10...specs please

That's the RC20. RC10 is the same bike, but in white. And comes standard with power meter and carbon wheels.

I bought the power meter when I bought the bike and have ordered a set of Winspace Hyper 50mm wheels. The bike comes with Syncros alloy wheels that I'll keep for rainy days. The wheels in the picture belong to a friend of mine who has an RC15, but has since purchased a set of Black Inc wheels, so these are on loan until I get my new wheels.

The bikes comes with Sram Force AXS groupset and Syncros saddle and alloy bars. I've put my S-Works Power saddle on, because my butt is already imprinted on it and I've put on some carbon bars.

The latest in a series of post-bike fit "find a saddle that works" purchases.

So far so good with this one, a decent combination of cushion and support.

EmOa9hTDV-QQjLJ4ZrHFNKYlESqvh9YrQ9YkBOrDg1aiQuAhpfNI1mLlv5-gRqSBCU4C3_j4T7qPWdA7lOJ14DsCC0Wfwh1JzUvPPYbxNXMsacDZhlT1V5RSo0X5gYIoUH7z9ehDTKo0jvst4S6cUYd8IMvZNxHQackhcc2RaVMypR6rVJFbASXywZmg6XvyNRMkWWH2BG4tavWygHM5QqGra5LoOe85g-qNcf5wVoXkGuaCSKWD1Jfpj-Bo0749RdHwFcSxgqN6eIcxdHVgCP36yzgfA-WrOH7T3e9J78Bd1l_E4BkBZT3kfol_eTqPPsdwy6mAOQLfkVKFcGEClYHy0pm9iWBN8fFMHWptGBrNUlACPD5PeZh6d2kTDQx1wa5jzOORp4__bf1DZSt8B9oipNO1YKvE2nbSvBqaUkt6-hyLNnGHKJ6bOEEV270_g75qe3mQ3bRdaZFlIx81MYBgKZ-TGYDOc8DbgK-wTzk6NPrAe50da-eum6ac8M4sBxUKeHZzu2gmCfA5G52YIzRfjuW7KVJHz7wkwJCYFegAO7mUlh_3Va_lWWhyQZgrhKmWtowW7QD8DUhX6NS3zIX1QO2SC-KDAnA1e-ZUJBQio12N6zQW4yQNxOgDYspVQ0oveCkeOxSRY7KpwKh5NK2ZWy0oBDAWuq4va4kryxh-riaw9RKFhKRuKH-TTtkiHUkcjuV9WZScnbs00knts_s5=w1730-h1297-no?authuser=0

Veeery nice - but you need to cut that light bracket bolt down to something less knee cutting size

Just now, 117 said:

Veeery nice - but you need to cut that light bracket bolt down to something less knee cutting size

True (though it's a bike-lock mount, not for a light), it's mostly fine, until it gets bumped, then you suddenly get the stabby-stabby in the knee ????

This is relevant to cycling because I got the van specifically to transport bikes. My old car pictured below was rear-ended last week and if my Thule carrier and bike were on the back, it would have been a total disaster because they are not insured and together worth more than the car which was written off.

nv2001.jpg.adef5f10e2801911d1d4102a4a855f59.jpg

nv2002.jpg.6065c12f4f6c7ffc4bce3ba324cd7ca3.jpg

honda1.jpg.5b4b9a7b7a32f0ab45e3bc65b0e46fa3.jpg