Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, 'Dale said:

Cool gift from a client ????

9554FA42-5466-425B-B77D-41A81A22071A.jpeg

Take it Lance is not in the book?

Not a fanboy but have admiration for the time, effort and mental strength it took to go back year on year.

On 11/20/2021 at 11:06 AM, capediver said:

So Adidas have the Road Shoe AND now the Gravel Shoe.....pretty neat, recycled materials, grippy tread, comfy to walk on, stiff, so easy to clean and a neoprene sock entry (still a bit undecided about this feature but when I hit some water, then I'll decide...will have to wait cause it ain't gonna rain here in there Middle East any time soon!)

Screenshot 2021-11-20 at 11.56.12.png

these haven't hit SA yet - I'm waiting.  If I am wrong please let me know.  Due new shoes but I want the bling ones

8 hours ago, OLENA GREEN said:

Yesterday I purchased the Best Holster for Sig P365 and I am insanely satisfied. This purchase was a hard one to make. Since the Sig Sauer P365 has a lot of features. Which make it a great choice for concealed carry. But I had to find the right holster. And I did.

Photos please.

Edit:  I'm always on the look out for comfortable well concealed holsters.

Edited by TheoG

On 11/4/2021 at 4:17 AM, HenryS said:

This is relevant to cycling because I got the van specifically to transport bikes. My old car pictured below was rear-ended last week and if my Thule carrier and bike were on the back, it would have been a total disaster because they are not insured and together worth more than the car which was written off.

nv2001.jpg.adef5f10e2801911d1d4102a4a855f59.jpg

nv2002.jpg.6065c12f4f6c7ffc4bce3ba324cd7ca3.jpg

I miss my little panel van (Citroen Berlingo). Had two Saris Traps Triple racks which hold the bikes securely in an array of configurations.

I could comfortably fit 4 of my bikes in... unless the pupper decided she wanted to come along for the ride

image.png.9f42c03025b0f62de7b3d9bdb3d6d309.png

One day I'll have a van again... one day!

But yeah, congrats and many happy miles!

Any cool fit-out ideas planned?

10 hours ago, patches said:

I miss my little panel van (Citroen Berlingo). Had two Saris Traps Triple racks which hold the bikes securely in an array of configurations.

I could comfortably fit 4 of my bikes in... unless the pupper decided she wanted to come along for the ride

image.png.9f42c03025b0f62de7b3d9bdb3d6d309.png

One day I'll have a van again... one day!

But yeah, congrats and many happy miles!

Any cool fit-out ideas planned?

I plan to buy a Ford Tourneo next year to take our bikes touring around RSA to find interesting places to ride. 

Been busy with this one but definitely my best buy or build.  Few changes still to be done, like fitting a new Csixx 50T chainring and in a hunt for a Force 22 WiFly rear derailluer and a few other bits.  Oh i have changed the chain to a Sram Force flat top.  Running a full Sram Force CX1 groupset, upgraded the shifter to 12 speed mechanical (courtesy or Ratio Technology), current ratio is a 52T - 10/33. Jarod of BMC done a custom seat post for me. Few other shops like East City Cycles finding what I wanted. Bikes current weight was at 7.2kg. Should be under 7kg by March.

Ratio 6.jpg

Ratio 5.jpg

My last purchase was a character in the game blankos block party. Blankos Block Party is a MMO set in a vibrant online world styled like a giant block party, with a focus on custom art and design, world-building and exploration, and collecting unique Blankos. The things you earn and buy in Blankos are yours to own. I know it's not a great waste of money, but I really wanted to do it.

Edited by TeddyBear

20 hours ago, NicoR said:

After a very long search and a few wanted ads I decided to get these tyres from the US. 

So worth the wait!

13B94127-6A4F-4E6A-A775-7131E0273E13.jpeg.ef155358eadb5bdac87147f20ef931a1.jpeg

Same as what I have on my Rook Scout. Very little rolling resistance, but equally little grip on dirt. Wash-out city with even a little bit of lean.
I am new to gravel biking though so could just be me having to learn what the limits are.

What did the set you back btw?

16 minutes ago, Steven Knoetze (sk27) said:

Same as what I have on my Rook Scout. Very little rolling resistance, but equally little grip on dirt. Wash-out city with even a little bit of lean.
I am new to gravel biking though so could just be me having to learn what the limits are.

What did the set you back btw?

I tried getting some tubeless ones from the Rook guys. They couldn't source any.

Definitely a bit loose in the mud, but did not struggle on rocky section and steep climbs. Going to give them a go at Race to the Sun.

I had a mate bring them back from the US. Paid just under R 1800 for both.

29 minutes ago, NicoR said:

I tried getting some tubeless ones from the Rook guys. They couldn't source any.

Definitely a bit loose in the mud, but did not struggle on rocky section and steep climbs. Going to give them a go at Race to the Sun.

I had a mate bring them back from the US. Paid just under R 1800 for both.

Okay, mine are not tubeless.

Good luck with the race, give us some feedback.