Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

On 4/19/2024 at 12:50 PM, NicholasT said:

I was always under the impression that these would just be “nice to haves”, but when Zwift announced that they’d be integrating virtual shifting, I just had to get them. 

20240419_124452.jpegAbsolutely loving them. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the virtual shifting is only applicable to the Cog that retrofits to the KICKR?

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

43 minutes ago, mecheng89 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the virtual shifting is only applicable to the Cog that retrofits to the KICKR?

I’m about to correct you because you’re WRONG!!!!!!🤣😁 Hehe. As was mentioned in the last post, you can use it on your stock cassette. That’s what I’m doing. 

@thebob It doesn’t necessarily have to be your 14t cog. Zwift and Wahoo do their witchcraft and calibrate it to wherever you’ve decided to leave it. I went up and down all my gears front and back until I found the quietest combination (I really need to highlight just how much quieter Zwifting is now!!!) and that’s  where I left it ( I just checked it and my current ratio is 36-21) The calibration then did the rest of the work. 

Edited by NicholasT

I've got an Elite Suito so it should work.

An old steel bike fixie rigged up with a cheap 16 cog & bomb proof BMX chain makes a lot more sense than my gravel bike with a 11 speed cassette that's taking a beating 🤙

Edited by BuffsVintageBikes

1 minute ago, BuffsVintageBikes said:

I've got an Elite Studio so it should work.

An old steel bike fixie rigged up with a cheap 16 cog & bomb proof BMX chain makes a lot more sense than my gravel bike with a 11 speed cassette that's taking a beating 🤙

It’s my understanding that for now at least it’s only certain Wahoo trainers that work. 

On 4/19/2024 at 12:50 PM, NicholasT said:

I was always under the impression that these would just be “nice to haves”, but when Zwift announced that they’d be integrating virtual shifting, I just had to get them. 

20240419_124452.jpegAbsolutely loving them. 

Have mine for quite a while now. Steering is nice. Specially in Zwift races and team time trails (if the rest of the team (who do not have steering) allow me to use it...)🙃.

Now waiting for the firmware update on the Kickr 5 to enable virtual shifting...😐 

But kickr 5 was also last in line for the firmware update for "Race mode" when using the 'Direct connect"

Virtual shifting currently only available for the Core and Kickr 6 as far as I understand.

3 hours ago, JayLow said:

Today I joined the Gravel bike tribe thanks to a fellow Hubber - excited to see where the dust takes me

IMG_9604.jpeg

So it was you who beat me to the sale! 

Enjoy it!

On 4/23/2024 at 9:13 AM, BuffsVintageBikes said:

I've got an Elite Suito so it should work.

Please submit a picture of your setup, specifically the freewheel.

On 4/28/2024 at 7:13 PM, michaelbiker said:

Curve Kevin Ti. Surprisingly fun on singletrack and the greenbelts!IMG_5887.jpeg.434e893b6a35758faf29cf0b33f8368f.jpeg

Beeeeeyoootaful. Been thinking bout a Ti bike for a while now. 

1 minute ago, IceCreamMan said:

Beeeeeyoootaful. Been thinking bout a Ti bike for a while now. 

Do it. I was surprised at how much fun this bike is. Even on the Constantia greenbelts. 

14 hours ago, Michael S said:

So it was you who beat me to the sale! 

Enjoy it!

Ah thanks and sorry! Hope you find yours soon