Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And...how do find the Q rings?

and... I am an idiot. I happily bought the rings, checking the BCD, fine, they fit Shimano, awesome.

Only thing that like a chop I forgot that I punted my Shimano cranks some 14 months ago for a beast of an FSA SLK chain set which runs a 110 BCD. 

I went from super excited to sobbing in seconds. I'm blaming my new born and sleep deprivation. 

O'symetrics... coming this afternoon to a classifieds near you! 

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/61/612c2a41963c779a0477c6d5b91959a36ab2b351d9d117f19564d04fc63127c7.jpg

and... I am an idiot. I happily bought the rings, checking the BCD, fine, they fit Shimano, awesome.

Only thing that like a chop I forgot that I punted my Shimano cranks some 14 months ago for a beast of an FSA SLK chain set which runs a 110 BCD.

I went from super excited to sobbing in seconds. I'm blaming my new born and sleep deprivation.

O'symetrics... coming this afternoon to a classifieds near you!

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/61/612c2a41963c779a0477c6d5b91959a36ab2b351d9d117f19564d04fc63127c7.jpg

Haha that's bad (sorry for laughing)

Rookie mistke I say, Rookie mistake.

Well try and break even when selling at least.

Edited by Cav'

Just a q - why XTR and not Saint?

Why Saint and not XTR? - was more my question - (besides everything else is XTR so I weally weally wanted these ^_^ )

Honesty have not needed something like saint... the XT I had with 180mm front disk and 160mm rear disk has been sufficient for now. I have not needed more power than that yet but the bike is still a work in progress. As I need I will update. These are a helluvalot more powerfull than the stock shimanos that came on the Trance 2014 anyway.

Also the bike now weighs a total of only 12.3kg - ally frame, dropper and pedals and all... :thumbup:

-which soothes the inner weight weenie. :blush:

:ph34r:

Why Saint and not XTR? - was more my question - (besides everything else is XTR so I weally weally wanted these ^_^ )

Honesty have not needed something like saint... the XT I had with 180mm front disk and 160mm rear disk has been sufficient for now. I have not needed more power than that yet but the bike is still a work in progress. As I need I will update. These are a helluvalot more powerfull than the stock shimanos that came on the Trance 2014 anyway.

Also the bike now weighs a total of only 12.3kg - ally frame, dropper and pedals and all... :thumbup:

-which soothes the inner weight weenie. :blush:

:ph34r:

Was just wondering why you went for the upgrade over XT if not for more power. Surely a lot more expensive for marginal gains, and the Saints would be a helluva lot more powerful. 

But - if weight loss was your goal, along with spec congruency, then cool. It works... 

Was just wondering why you went for the upgrade over XT if not for more power. Surely a lot more expensive for marginal gains, and the Saints would be a helluva lot more powerful. 

But - if weight loss was your goal, along with spec congruency, then cool. It works... 

Well there was also the fact that my XT ones almost payed for these ( admittedly at hub classified prices) and my buddy took the XT to upgrade his Deore set which upgraded a troublesome set of Juicy 3 on his son's bike.

So there is an element of greater good that also happened with the parts go-round.

- Smiles all round! :clap:

:thumbup:

Well there was also the fact that my XT ones almost payed for these ( admittedly at hub classified prices) and my buddy took the XT to upgrade his Deore set which upgraded a troublesome set of Juicy 3 on his son's bike.

So there is an element of greater good that also happened with the parts go-round.

- Smiles all round! :clap:

:thumbup:

BAHAHAHA!!! Awesome. That's a win win then 

So one insurance claim later and a voucher from a friend for my birthday... and these beauties entered my stable this morning..... siesa!!!

http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/r508/Peet_Kruger/e282ef5e-11a8-4936-9a3d-a367b6cc0140.jpg

http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/r508/Peet_Kruger/IMG-20150220-WA0000.jpg

There's just something about a bike part that has "XTR" engraved on it that makes me go all weak inside!!! Want, Want, Want

Guest notmyname

Such an opportunist :thumbup:

That↑ I had a look at it when it was first posted. Many happy miles Ryan.