Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

R2 bikes in Germany, they one of a few shops that sort of carry stock, if you order direct expect 3-6 month wait

I have some on order from trickstuff but the piccolos which I ordered in September - they hope to send in April. I did get a set from R2 but it was the last set at the time.

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

UCI XCC XC and DH

A week in Morzine

A week in Lenzerheide

#passportsplease

Welcome to the life of an Alpine Junkie. THERE IS NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING here that can prepare you for just how ridiculously good it is over there. The nameless commute trails between the parks there are better than the best trails in Jonkers. I'm not exaggerating.

I arrive 14th. We get in to Geneva at 10.30. I'm going to have a kit to change into in the airport shuttle. Build the bikes in 5 minutes. On the lift by 2. Can easily bam out 3500m of descent in those 3 hours.

EVERY SINGLE MTB purchase and decision from here on out will be based around your next trip to the Alps. Yes you will be going back. Again. And Again. And..... Again.

The NUMBER ONE piece of advice I have for you from here on out is to STAY INJURY FREE!!! Don't try and turn yourself into a WC pro between now and then. You'll just end up hurting yourself.

For training I'd recommended a spot of aligator wrestling and bashing your hands with a light hammer for 6 hours a day. Seriously tho. Get one of those hand squishy things and get pumping. Also work on forearm strength and do lots of push pull type stuff before then. Even then you are going to kuk. But it's a good pain. You'll be bummed when it's gone. I don't like drugs but I hit 2 anti inflams in the evening and 1 in the morning.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

Welcome to the life of an Alpine Junkie. THERE IS NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING here that can prepare you for just how ridiculously good it is over there. The nameless commute trails between the parks there are better than the best trails in Jonkers. I'm not exaggerating.

I arrive 14th. We get in to Geneva at 10.30. I'm going to have a kit to change into in the airport shuttle. Build the bikes in 5 minutes. On the lift by 2. Can easily bam out 3500m of descent in those 3 hours.

EVERY SINGLE MTB purchase and decision from here on out will be based around your next trip to the Alps. Yes you will be going back. Again. And Again. And..... Again.

The NUMBER ONE piece of advice I have for you from here on out is to STAY INJURY FREE!!! Don't try and turn yourself into a WC pro between now and then. You'll just end up hurting yourself.

For training I'd recommended a spot of aligator wrestling and bashing your hands with a light hammer for 6 hours a day. Seriously tho. Get one of those hand squishy things and get pumping. Also work on forearm strength and do lots of push pull type stuff before then. Even then you are going to kuk. But it's a good pain. You'll be bummed when it's gone. I don't like drugs but I hit 2 anti inflams in the evening and 1 in the morning.

Shot for the advice DB super amped I always wondered about arm pump, being fit or rather getting fit isn't really an issue for me, sort of!

But the arm pump from even attempting a Red Phoenix 1,2 and 3 non stop destroys the hands and arms.

NCR

But I really don't like warm beer

d6481346c25a3500cf38cdec5e2c99be.jpg

Sent from my ANE-LX2 using Tapatalk

Generators just got so flippen expensive so quick hey. [emoji24][emoji44][emoji848]

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Supply and demand. Buy your airconditioners in winter and generators when there is no load shedding...

Jip that's true, buy motorbike in winter and sell it in the summer.

Been tossing back on forth on that 1x, was going to wait till I got a 12spd cluster, but what the hell. I figure worst case I become a stronger climber... Eventually.

Do I buy the chain gaurd like nowish or wait to see if the chains gonna keef falling first.

Probably could take a link or 2 out as well... 2d66023c8ebd207173fa329565d4b1e3.jpg

Scott Spark 930 (2018)

MTB Vids: ltstyt.be/@remelehane

Been tossing back on forth on that 1x, was going to wait till I got a 12spd cluster, but what the hell. I figure worst case I become a stronger climber... Eventually.

Do I buy the chain gaurd like nowish or wait to see if the chains gonna keef falling first.

Probably could take a link or 2 out as well... 2d66023c8ebd207173fa329565d4b1e3.jpg

Scott Spark 930 (2018)

Good move, you can get up anything with a 30t chainring.

You don't need a chain guide, if your chain length is right the chain will stay on with a narrow wide ring.

Generators just got so flippen expensive so quick hey. [emoji24][emoji44][emoji848]

and water tanks are cheap as chips.. 

Good move, you can get up anything with a 30t chainring.

You don't need a chain guide, if your chain length is right the chain will stay on with a narrow wide ring.

I'm not the strongest of riders and live in Groot Brak Rivier, so anyway out of town has got hills to start with and I'm running a 30t which is ok, would've liked to have a 32t to test as I'm spinning out just over 30 - 35km/h on straights or down hill. But my chainring bolts are 96mm (I think if I'm correct) and not the 104mm (normal size) which makes getting nw chainrings difficult.

I'm not the strongest of riders and live in Groot Brak Rivier, so anyway out of town has got hills to start with and I'm running a 30t which is ok, would've liked to have a 32t to test as I'm spinning out just over 30 - 35km/h on straights or down hill. But my chainring bolts are 96mm (I think if I'm correct) and not the 104mm (normal size) which makes getting nw chainrings difficult.

No, csixx and lynne have 96bcd in 30,32,34 and 36 as well as 32 and 34 in oval. I literally bought that 96bcd 30t yesterday.

Scott Spark 930 (2018)

No, csixx and lynne have 96bcd in 30,32,34 and 36 as well as 32 and 34 in oval. I literally bought that 96bcd 30t yesterday.

Scott Spark 930 (2018)

But as far as I understand, the newer Shimano's 96 bcd isn't the same as the older ones. The new ones I think is the 7000 etc series if I'm not mistaken? Please correct me if I'm wrong because then I will be able to get a 32T.

And by the way, I did the conversion myself with this my second bike, also added a 40t and 16t if correct on my cassette and only adjusted the b screw and I haven't even once had my chain slipping or falling off. With no chain guard.

Edited by BSG