Lance Armstrong Banned and Stripped of TDF Titles

101SCC

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will not say he made the stories up, but I will question the accuracy thereof and also bearing in mind that he might have sensationalized it a bit too.

OK well still, why dont anyone deny or help him right? I think Tyler knows this is not something to lie about or make **** up

I will not say he made the stories up, but I will question the accuracy thereof and also bearing in mind that he might have sensationalized it a bit too.

A bit? Really?

Understatement much!?

I think he was trying to portray himself as the Prima Ballerina, waylaid from a potential life-altering professional career littered with silverware by others' mean-ness and double dealing. A literary boo-hoo, in other words.

no evidence, Oakley, Nike and Trek just dumped him without reason because of some hearsay. As did the UCI who really needed a doping controversy to justify their existence.

clap.gif

did they ever get any proof or is it all still just hearsay

Nah its just hearsay. All the ex team mates are talking shite. The sponsors dropped him for nothing. Poor Lance. He is the victim here. Yeah right!! Said it once I will say it again, he is a cheat a liar and a bully

What rubbish.

Your right, there are probably still guys out there who doped or still dope and no one knows about it....[play jaws theme music]

OK well still, why dont anyone deny or help him right? I think Tyler knows this is not something to lie about or make **** up

And I think he's conceited enough to make a helluva lot of **** up in the process. Call it creative license. Whatever it is, I believe he was primarily focussing on writing a book, and the veracity of the content came a very distant second.

What a stunning day. The fat lady, actually Fat Pat, has sung and the septic never won a tour. If only I could get those 8 3 week periods in July back...yes, I include 2006 when Puerto broke.

Sore loser? Your guy got done for being a dopehead cheating scumbag and your'e taking your ball and leaving?

This is the first and the last time I'll respond to your childish antagonism.

I walked away from it all when he came back. And try to view the world more objectively. LA is NOT my guy. I have Never been a fan of his, but I do believe in fairness even if LA is not the shining example of treating people respectfully or the system fairly. I don't have to stoop to his level as you often do.

Loose's?

or just plain loses?

Loser

I prefer Loose's it rhymes with noose, whats ure neck size peta?

Nah its just hearsay. All the ex team mates are talking shite. The sponsors dropped him for nothing. Poor Lance. He is the victim here. Yeah right!! Said it once I will say it again, he is a cheat a liar and a bully

And anybody who has not read this, has not prepared for the exam. Although never subjected to cross examination, it lays out such a strong case of wrongdoing that LA chose his first DNF rather than face his accusers in court.

http://cyclinginvestigation.usada.org/

My opinion?

Well, I've just had an hour long question and answer session with my 11 year old son, who is a keen cyclist, about Lance Armstrong, cheating in sport, doping and drugs . It was difficult stuff to explain, and I am sorry that he is now a bit disillusioned, but hopefully some good will come out of all this mess, even if just in our little world.

The long and the short of it, I tried to explain, is that you will be caught sooner or later and will have to suffer the consequences, just like Lance. That is humiliating and it will happen in public for all to see. If you are not caught, then it will catch up with you and kill you, like Pantani, and everyone will know. Even if you survive, you will have to live with yourself and it is terrible to live with a lying cheating person for the rest of your life.

(He then asked me about the Vit B Co injection that I had the other day........and about energy drinks.......more explainingbiggrin.png )

His conclusion is that he is disappointed and sad that Lance cheated but he still think he was a very good cyclist and that he did a lot of good things for people with cancer. I decided to leave it at that, because that is kind of how I feel as well.

Lance is a great athlete and i think he has moves on and that's great for him

i am not a road cyclist but to make it easy they should have a life ban so you cant come back-finish and klaar

There was a article in a SA cycle mag about this guy who doped, got banned and now that he he is clean he is racing again

Yes he might be sorry about what he did but he still doped, what motivation is this for our young readers--dope and you might get caught but you can eventually race again

Rather print stories about upcoming youngsters in the sport

If you dope you should be be banned forever

The racing was pretty exciting ...

I agree - cycling is not life and death. We all watch it for the entertainment value. That we got for sure. Now we will get new faces. He is guilty and must be punished. We are not and must move on. Unless we spend as much on doping control as the athletes can gain from winning, there will be doping. Sela