Chris Froome

Shebeen

Sure this is BS, now the second best rider will win the tour if everything goes to plan! If I was wiggins I would feel like a real idiot it was clear the froome could have kick his ass yesterday.

Yes Froome looked strong.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I lost a little bit of respect for Wiggo yesterday. I understand that he has the "Big Picture" in mind and that is winning the tour. He didn't have to let Froome gun it off into the distance to catch Valverde and let Froome gain 20-30 seconds on him. He was more than capable (or was he...) to pick up his pace and follow Froome up to catch Valverde. He chose to sit off a little and leave the gap. The two of them could easily have closed that gap and Wiggo could have at least have gifted Froome with a stage win for all the hard work (Not likely as I reckon he would have bagged it himself). Having said that though, he really hasn't been under pressure at all. Those 2'05" that he has were all him in the TT and that hasn't changed for to weeks so does he really owe anyone anything...?

Very well said.

And that is what I liked about Ulrigh and the Texan.....they were HUNGRY for the win. Not only for themselves but for the team.......

The old generation did not SIT UP AND DEFEND....the followed wheels as hard they could....the WANTED to WIN.

How does Chris drop Brad on the climb and then Brad is glued to his wheel in the sprints?

if Sky wanted a show then Bradley should have attacked and crossed to Valverde himself and told Chris to sit nibali's wheel.

Yes Froome looked strong.

Agree fully.

In all other sports you let your best, and in-form player do the job. Have you ever seen a rugby team appoint their 2nd best kicker as a first choice just because it was decided during the pre-season? BW should be man enough to say that he should play 2nd fiddle. K@k sportsmanship on his part. But then again, the British will do anything to say that a Brit on a British team won. And it seemed that Froome could have dropped BW again and again on those mountain stages. I think the TDF is too structured and organised and those buggers in the cars have way too much power!

I like Froome

He appears stronger than Bilbo on the climbs

Fact : he has a three year , lucrative, contract with Sky

Fact : very few teams have bucks to buy him out

Fact : he committed to supporting Bilbo

Fact : Bilbo will want to defend his title next year

If Chris is lucky they may let him go for Giro or Vuelta

None of our outrage will change this, it is business, plain and simple

Actually I agree with their sentiments, I was just going to post something about it so glad you brought it up...

While watching those last few km's the first thought that went through my mind (after the one that wished Froome would ride away from Wiggins) was WTFlip!! Froome's "antics" of opening a gap and then gesticulating with his hand to Wiggins is not the way to behave towards the team leader live in front of millions of people.

Based on what I’ve seen over the last few weeks I reckon that Froome is trying to make a point and I hope for his sake he hasn’t gone to far and done himself harm with respect to his future with team sky.

As someone mentioned earlier team Co-leaders don’t work and if the team management decide that one of them has to play domestique or a lessor role I don’t think it will be Wiggins.

The relationship between Wiggins and Froome I suspect is not quite as rosy as all their interviews make out.

Team orders...team sport ...the team etc.

Arguably cycling is an individual sport ...surely deep down every cyclist cycles for himself (while contractually bound by what the team dictates)...given the situation of a win(even a stage win)most cyclists at heart will feel a pang of frustration at being told to hold back.

No one anticipated the domestique may be as good (or better than) the leader,

Its like a chess game ....the player is the team manager who controls the game.He is in the riders ear and head the whole time...he decides what you can do(or not).

This whole thing is bigger than CF. Sky Team have put together a juggernaut that is going to deliver the first British TDF winner ever, plus 2nd or 3rd place. Job done, nothing wrong.

Its a boring tour and we all want some drama, but it aint gonna happen and it doesnt really matter. CF will get his ride next year as top dog, probably on another team, and i hope it provides some serious competition for BW and interest for the viewers.

Froomes bird is hot, here'e a pic:

That's actually a good pic, she doesn't look like that all the time.

This whole thing is bigger than CF. Sky Team have put together a juggernaut that is going to deliver the first British TDF winner ever, plus 2nd or 3rd place. Job done, nothing wrong.

Its a boring tour and we all want some drama, but it aint gonna happen and it doesnt really matter. CF will get his ride next year as top dog, probably on another team, and i hope it provides some serious competition for BW and interest for the viewers.

That is really the entire story in a nutshell

I like Froome

He appears IS stronger than Bilbo on the climbs

Fact : he has a three year , lucrative, contract with Sky

Fact : very few teams have bucks to buy him out

Fact : he committed to supporting Bilbo

Fact : Bilbo will want to defend his title next year

If Chris is lucky they may let him go for Giro or Vuelta

None of our outrage will change this, it is business, plain and simple

Fixed, but +1 on the rest ;)

Team orders...team sport ...the team etc.

Arguably cycling is an individual sport ...surely deep down every cyclist cycles for himself (while contractually bound by what the team dictates)...given the situation of a win(even a stage win)most cyclists at heart will feel a pang of frustration at being told to hold back.

No one anticipated the domestique may be as good (or better than) the leader,

Its like a chess game ....the player is the team manager who controls the game.He is in the riders ear and head the whole time...he decides what you can do(or not).

Yeah but common DF says dont make your boss rider look bad, unless you are told to by his boss....

Yep, I kinda like waiting for the moment that Froome rides away from Wiggins, just wish that he would either do it properly or not at all...

CF will get his ride next year as top dog, probably on another team

Why would Sky let him go?

Who will have the money?

Michelle has always come across, to me at least, as passionate, feisty but often not very tactful. I recall some of the posts of her and her ex, at the time they were controversial but by today's Hub standards they would be termed mild. She's also a very skillful photographer as well.

That's actually a good pic, she doesn't look like that all the time.

hahahahaha there's been some changes.

I remember the Michelle and Jason days on the Hub (when it was mostly fields); nice couple, TCS etc. etc. Made a point of meeting them at a couple of races; & her mum is a top lady vet.

Why would Sky let him go?

Who will have the money?

It was just from an interview that he gave last week where he said he would win it, but with another team; but sure it could still be Sky.