Chris Froome

Shebeen

It's a very good pic ,don't be too deceived, his previous girlfriend was a model, all her pics looked good and in the flesh it confirmed that they were good pics.

Please post pic here so we can see, i dont have twitter

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there is room in Sky for Froome for sure, I don't think there is room for his gobby girlfriend and her twitter hissy fits.

He's going to get his wins and have the support of team but this year he was hired for a job. A job he agreed to, took the coin and said 'yup i'm in'. If he thought he could win the tour this year then he should have held out and got leadership of another team and gone for it.

His riding has been epic and I like him a lot but please don't go bitching and moaning about how you're the best in the team / tour but are held back to do your job... it's your job. It's not like Wiggo was 15 minutes down the road blowing up and he was going to lose 2nd his place by pacing him back.

Yes he was hired to do a job...anything the the team manager wants him to do...even sacrifice himself...Froome knows that.

Getting a ride on a top team or any tour de France team is tough...many want in ...few get in .

In the post race interyiew yesterday Wiggens acknowledeged a win is a win ...even by one second.

It may be that Wiggens is content with the knowedge that if it came to that point then the radio voice of the team manager in Froomes ear will tell Froome to apply the brakes and let Wiggens keep even a GC win by one second.

We openly debate all sides of the situation....no moaning and bitching....just debate....there is no place for hissy fits.

Froome is displaying integrity.

Keeping to his word.

Exercising his team role by showing 100% support to the team leader.

He was clearly the nr 2 should Wiggo crash out or have seriously heavy climbing legs which could sabotage Sky's pursuit of the maillot jaune.

This never happened.

What a bonus for Team Sky - occupying steps 1 and 2 of the biggest cycling race in the world, most likely.

Edited by ' Dale

Sure this is BS, now the second best rider will win the tour if everything goes to plan! If I was wiggins I would feel like a real idiot it was clear the froome could have kick his ass yesterday.

when the springboks won the world cup, it was Francois Pienaar who won the WC with the springboks, it was John Smit who won the WC with the Springboks, neither of them were the best player on the field, still we supported the springboks. so shall Wiggins win the tour with team Sky.

easy as that, yes froome is great, but he's got a role to play for team Sky being able to win the tour.

Chris Froome you're riding like a legend dude! Keep your head and follow through on the committment you made to the Sky cause with pride. So super impressed that you're able to do what the leaders of the other teams wish they could and be a real contender even though you are obviously focused on the result for Brad.

As useful as a stage victory yesterday would've been, the first priority was making sure Brad was not isolated. None of the other potential leaders had that kind of backup. Therein lies the obvious difference between Sky and the rest. Great effort.

If there's one thing I can't stand about this whole affair, it's the unfounded criticism that Froome's moves were aimed at humiliating Wiggins, to somehow show him who's the strongest:

Jonathan Vaughters@Vaughters

Whoa. Yikes. Either work for wiggins or attack him. Two feet in or two feet out.

Would have been better for Froome to just drop Wiggo by 20 seconds or whatever and settle it in the time trial. That was just humiliation.

Bitter much that you couldn't sign him?

And from a link I posted on the Tour thread:

"I do not like what Froome did. It could devalue Wiggins's victory," said Laurent Jalabert a former world champion and Vuelta winner.

What - excuse my french - crap!

She was a hubber once.....

You're always a hubber....

She was here almost at the beginning of the 'ub.

Chris Froome you're riding like a legend dude! Keep your head and follow through on the committment you made to the Sky cause with pride. So super impressed that you're able to do what the leaders of the other teams wish they could and be a real contender even though you are obviously focused on the result for Brad.

As useful as a stage victory yesterday would've been, the first priority was making sure Brad was not isolated. None of the other potential leaders had that kind of backup. Therein lies the obvious difference between Sky and the rest. Great effort.

I lost a little bit of respect for Wiggo yesterday. I understand that he has the "Big Picture" in mind and that is winning the tour. He didn't have to let Froome gun it off into the distance to catch Valverde and let Froome gain 20-30 seconds on him. He was more than capable (or was he...) to pick up his pace and follow Froome up to catch Valverde. He chose to sit off a little and leave the gap. The two of them could easily have closed that gap and Wiggo could have at least have gifted Froome with a stage win for all the hard work (Not likely as I reckon he would have bagged it himself). Having said that though, he really hasn't been under pressure at all. Those 2'05" that he has were all him in the TT and that hasn't changed for to weeks so does he really owe anyone anything...?

Froome doesnt have the stress of a 10million euro team built around him, the stress of the yellow jersey on his shoulders and the public pressure on him. Without this stress he is finding himselt in a dominant situation. They are an amazingly strong team, he must enjoy it. From next year he will probably have all those responsibilties on HIS shoulders and lets see how he performs then. Will he have a team as strong around him? Im desperate to see him win, but its going to be tough in future years.... this is the year!!

Agreed

That 2:05 could now be .05 to Froome if he'd been let off the leash in two stages.

If Froome was in Yellow would he get the same support from Brad, I don't think so.

Chris should have won yesterdays stage, Wiggo can surely help himself in the last 500m

The question real question is.... if Brad has a mech or something in the TT, will they tell Chris to slow down?

If there's one thing I can't stand about this whole affair, it's the unfounded criticism that Froome's moves were aimed at humiliating Wiggins, to somehow show him who's the strongest:

Whoa. Yikes. Either work for wiggins or attack him. Two feet in or two feet out.

Would have been better for Froome to just drop Wiggo by 20 seconds or whatever and settle it in the time trial. That was just humiliation.

Bitter much that you couldn't sign him?

And from a link I posted on the Tour thread:

"I do not like what Froome did. It could devalue Wiggins's victory," said Laurent Jalabert a former world champion and Vuelta winner.

What - excuse my french - crap!

Actually I agree with their sentiments, I was just going to post something about it so glad you brought it up...

While watching those last few km's the first thought that went through my mind (after the one that wished Froome would ride away from Wiggins) was WTFlip!! Froome's "antics" of opening a gap and then gesticulating with his hand to Wiggins is not the way to behave towards the team leader live in front of millions of people.

Based on what I’ve seen over the last few weeks I reckon that Froome is trying to make a point and I hope for his sake he hasn’t gone to far and done himself harm with respect to his future with team sky.

As someone mentioned earlier team Co-leaders don’t work and if the team management decide that one of them has to play domestique or a lessor role I don’t think it will be Wiggins.

The relationship between Wiggins and Froome I suspect is not quite as rosy as all their interviews make out.