Post your Pyga

PYGA1

Earlier in the year I had another off on my bike and scuffed the frame, again! I was so the moer in and lacked motivation to ride, I sommer hung it up for the rest of the year. Several months down the line my boep has grown significantly and I'm probably as unfit as I've ever been.

So I finally decided to strip my bike and hand the frame to Carbon Ninja to work his magic on it. Also, whilst stripping everything I noticed some damage on the bottom of the frame where I must've hit a rock. So that is being repaired as well. I'm doing away with the graphics on the top tube, and just keeping the Pyga and Stage lettering in silver, rest of frame raw carbon.

And whilst I'm at it, it's high time to upgrade the old 3x10 system I carried over from my previous bike. Haven't quite made up my mind yet whether I should go 1x10/11 SRAM GX or Shimano SLX.

Either way, I now can't wait to get my bike back again and get back in the saddle! Frame should be done soon, hopefuly, then it's off to the LBS to put it all back together again. 

post-80018-0-90796100-1571392800_thumb.jpg

post-80018-0-41021600-1571392875_thumb.jpg

post-80018-0-53715500-1571392891_thumb.jpg

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Post some pics when finished!

Earlier in the year I had another off on my bike and scuffed the frame, again! I was so the moer in and lacked motivation to ride, I sommer hung it up for the rest of the year. Several months down the line my boep has grown significantly and I'm probably as unfit as I've ever been.

So I finally decided to strip my bike and hand the frame to Carbon Ninja to work his magic on it. Also, whilst stripping everything I noticed some damage on the bottom of the frame where I must've hit a rock. So that is being repaired as well. I'm doing away with the graphics on the top tube, and just keeping the Pyga and Stage lettering in silver, rest of frame raw carbon.

And whilst I'm at it, it's high time to upgrade the old 3x10 system I carried over from my previous bike. Haven't quite made up my mind yet whether I should go 1x10/11 SRAM GX or Shimano SLX.

Either way, I now can't wait to get my bike back again and get back in the saddle! Frame should be done soon, hopefuly, then it's off to the LBS to put it all back together again. 

attachicon.gifDSC_2433_1.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC_2432_1.JPG

attachicon.gif1182c940-ab53-4401-892e-cd47d109f3b0.jpg

My trusty steed. Way more bike than I need but hey, if you can why not.

Absolutely blown away by how well this bike climbs and rides, even with fat oke like me on it.

Might be adding the new Mobu to the stable...just working out if I can go the rest of the year without money for food or anything else.

Any details on the Mobu? 

The biggest question is how do I disguise one of the new frames as a green 110?

I had the same bike for years - same bright grips, similar paint scheme, same saddle etc.

You have 2 options - paint the 110 black or the mobu green. Continuity is key when claiming you’re still on the same old bike

Edited by Waynemol

yes, but then we have to kill you ;)

The first limited edition, on invitation batch (think it's 40 frames, 20 medium, 20 large, or the number might have climbed slightly) will only be in Clear Carbon, sure later models will add color etc.

Go and look at Pat's Instagram, he posted a picture last Friday of the first development frame out of the mould, saw it about month/2 ago and dammmmmmm, it wa gorgeous, directly out of the mould, did not want to hand it back to Richard.

G

Any details on the Mobu? 

So is that a Stage replacement?

Not sure if it's a replacement, I would think so.  But the less aggressive one comes with a 120 front fork so it's a serious piece of equipment way above my skill set (but then my stage is more than I can use anyway) - one of those larges belongs to me.  I have every single part collected since October last year just waiting.  I will ask if I can post development pics on here.  Not a secret anymore

Edited by Waynemol

Don't look at the picture of the new Mobu...it will only make you sad if like me you missed the boat on the initial batch.

Doubt it will replace the Stage, not for the expected price point of the frame.

Now I got to wait to 2020...and figure out which organ to sell

Not sure if it's a replacement, I would think so. But the less aggressive one comes with a 120 front fork so it's a serious piece of equipment way above my skill set (but then my stage is more than I can use anyway) - one of those larges belongs to me. I have every single part collected since October last year just waiting. I will ask if I can post development pics on here. Not a secret anymore

So 100mm rear and 120mm front? I love my Stage and how the lines arent straight on the frame.

The Mobu...

Well it's to be the new top of the line model for them. 3 Yrs later, with all the new technology/experience included... SA manufactured.

G

You're ahead of the game. The new version will be coming out in carbon black only I hear

After I dropped my frame off I popped into their shop in Howick and had a look at the bikes there. They told me the new frames are now 60% black, so that's what I asked Graeme to do for me. 

Is the Mobu the Alu version of the Stage? Or a completely new bike?

Is the Mobu the Alu version of the Stage? Or a completely new bike?

Completely new carbon bike.

As far as I understand, the Mobu and Stage will continue (for now) as separate platforms.