fandacious

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, ouzo said:

given his age those stat ARE wow

He is on one of the same Strava Groups that I am on. I look at his weekly distances and think he must be a machine. And clearly he is still enjoying himself or else he would not spend so much time on his bike.

3 minutes ago, I FLY said:

He is on one of the same Strava Groups that I am on. I look at his weekly distances and think he must be a machine. And clearly he is still enjoying himself or else he would not spend so much time on his bike.

Look, I see some of his social media posts and he comes across as a grumpy old man in them, but he is always smiling and seemingly enjoying himself in his Strava pics.

I would be single if I spent that much time on the bike though.

I often show my wife some of his rides and stats, he certainly is not letting the revolutions around the sun keep him back.

20 hours ago, Underachiever said:

Wimpie is close to retirement age or already working reduced hrs for many years, so these stats aren't that WOW.  He's got lots of time.

Give credit where it’s due, Bruuuu 

6 hours ago, ouzo said:

given his age those stat ARE wow

I've known Wimpie for ages.  Hence my view that this is not WOW for him.

6 hours ago, TheoG said:

'n regte drol in die drink water.

Seriously??? See my earlier post of today.  I've cycled with Wimpie for many years in the WP in the 80's.  So I have a bit of perspective on his cycling history and his achievements. I merely stated he's most likely not doing a 9-5 job like most of us.  He's been doing monster rides and miles for decades.   

14 hours ago, Underachiever said:

Seriously??? See my earlier post of today.  I've cycled with Wimpie for many years in the WP in the 80's.  So I have a bit of perspective on his cycling history and his achievements. I merely stated he's most likely not doing a 9-5 job like most of us.  He's been doing monster rides and miles for decades.   

I can now see from your responses what your intensions were, no hard feelings.

However, maybe in future you should choose your words better, I'm not the only one that got the impression that you are a party pooper from your first post ...  :).

7 minutes ago, jcza said:

There you go, choose your words better. Karin is upset. 

all this talk about age hit too close to home for you?

On 1/5/2022 at 7:07 AM, TheoG said:

I can now see from your responses what your intensions were, no hard feelings.

However, maybe in future you should choose your words better, I'm not the only one that got the impression that you are a party pooper from your first post ...  :).

Same for you.... choose better words....

for the rest, they need to improve their reading skills, and not always see the worst...

On 1/5/2022 at 9:22 AM, jcza said:

Ha, ha, ha I see the crowd is restless...

BTW, I'm having a lekker time in PA - exploring new roads.  Met JS on his Stig again - seems his business is doing great.

Have a good 2022!!!!

On 1/5/2022 at 9:22 AM, jcza said:

Actually Craai and TheoG is upset....choose your words better.....😄