Cycling legend

fandacious

For a second I was annoyed by this "legend" and his antics and disregard for the law. Then I read a news article about Durban Metro Police having a tug of war using a child as the rope...I gained some much needed perspective, and decided then and there to choose my battles more wisely.

If Wimpie thinks it's okay to flip the bird at the current legal requirements around exercise and social distancing, that's his problem. I am confident his luck is going to run out soon, and then I will prepare some popcorn. Until then, I am not going to waste my time and energy fretting about trivial things.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For a second I was annoyed by this "legend" and his antics and disregard for the law. Then I read a news article about Durban Metro Police having a tug of war using a child as the rope...I gained some much needed perspective, and decided then and there to choose my battles more wisely.

If Wimpie thinks it's okay to flip the bird at the current legal requirements around exercise and social distancing, that's his problem. I am confident his luck is going to run out soon, and then I will prepare some popcorn. Until then, I am not going to waste my time and energy fretting about trivial things.

I'm of much the same opinion at this point. Getting upset over other people's disregard for rules won't change anything, it just puts me in a shitty mood for the day. Besides, I am sure most of us have bent the rules a little here and there whether it be during lockdown or before. I don't support breaking the rules, but I am not gonna lose sleep over other people's bad decisions anymore.

I'm of much the same opinion at this point. Getting upset over other people's disregard for rules won't change anything, it just puts me in a shitty mood for the day. Besides, I am sure most of us have bent the rules a little here and there whether it be during lockdown or before. I don't support breaking the rules, but I am not gonna lose sleep over other people's bad decisions anymore.

I just thought I post about it here since this thread is what got me following him.

Doesn't bother me enough to do anything about it though.

And if we want to go by the letter of the law, like you say, most of us have skirted the law on the odd occasion. 

Did you read the comments on that one? Apparently he has a permit and he commutes to clients. Creative much?

While he never stopped long enough to see anyone.

I dont care any longer if someone goes around the law. But BS'ing the comment is stupid.

Posting it to strava is stupid.

You may not like him but his rides a legit - train between 6 and 9 and all other rides are commutes. Did a 160 commute before we could go out.

Thing is that most of you don't stick to the 5km rule and don't tell me you do so come on !!

underachievers are always full of drama

Ha, ha, ha!!  Good pick-up. 

Follow him on Strava and a FB cycling forum.  He's getting mugged every second month, etc, etc.  The Western Cape is a dangerous place!!

Do you know him Slowbee?

You may not like him but his rides a legit - train between 6 and 9 and all other rides are commutes. Did a 160 commute before we could go out.

Thing is that most of you don't stick to the 5km rule and don't tell me you do so come on !!

Really dude?

This ride he never stopped to see a client, and only go home at 10:00

and outside 5km Raduis

https://www.strava.com/activities/3437954852/overview

This one

Where did he stop to see clients?

https://www.strava.com/activities/3433743570

Etc etc

I asked before who here sticks to that. Resounding silence. All model citizens here.

I asked before who here sticks to that. Resounding silence. All model citizens here.

It's seems like its generally acceptable to bend the rules a bit, but don't take the piss.

For example: driving 80km/h in a 60 zone, is common practice, but 120 is crazy stupid!

Not sure if I needed to use a specific font for that...

I am (very) envious of ou Wimpie being able to ride that distance and pace. As to stopping, maybe he does crop evaluation, checks road markings, counts stormwater drain grid inlets :devil: . Doesn't strava have a place for him to upload his dompas so we can see?

Ha, ha, ha!!  Good pick-up. 

Follow him on Strava and a FB cycling forum.  He's getting mugged every second month, etc, etc.  The Western Cape is a dangerous place!!

Do you know him Slowbee?

I have not a clue who he is.

But a confession of other sorts. I dont have a Strava account. :nuke:

Would not know how to follow anyone unless it involved sucking wheel.