• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi guys, quick question on the calculation of the TSShr;

What formula are you using? I've seen a table in a TP blog, but the values seem a bit strange (can't find the link now). I use the formula: (Average HR ÷ Functional threshold HR x 100) x (Time in minutes ÷ 60)

Is that correct looking at the examples below?

(a) 1h at threshold = (ave. 165 ÷ threshold 165 x 100) x (60 ÷ 60) = 100 TSS [emoji818] Correct and makes sense

(b) 1h at 80% of threshold = (ave. 132 ÷ threshold 165 x 100) x (60 ÷ 60) = 80 TSS [emoji780] Not sure

For the second example, the TP table shows about 70 instead of my 80. What would your TSS be riding for 1 hour at 80% of threshold?

As I understand it if you were at 80% of FTP for a hour then that would be TSS=80

You get allocated a TSS of 100 if you maintained FTP for a full hour.

G

Hi guys, quick question on the calculation of the TSShr;

What formula are you using? I've seen a table in a TP blog, but the values seem a bit strange (can't find the link now). I use the formula: (Average HR ÷ Functional threshold HR x 100) x (Time in minutes ÷ 60)

Is that correct looking at the examples below?

(a) 1h at threshold = (ave. 165 ÷ threshold 165 x 100) x (60 ÷ 60) = 100 TSS [emoji818] Correct and makes sense

(b) 1h at 80% of threshold = (ave. 132 ÷ threshold 165 x 100) x (60 ÷ 60) = 80 TSS [emoji780] Not sure

For the second example, the TP table shows about 70 instead of my 80. What would your TSS be riding for 1 hour at 80% of threshold?

As I understand it if you were at 80% of FTP for a hour then that would be TSS=80

G

Ok thanks awesme! I have it like that currently.

hmmmmm

I just noticed you're talking about TSShr...

Might be wrong, as I know TSS based on power/FTP/wattage is calc as per my response.

G

G

Since my ankle issue I've had some catching up to do.

Week 1 - 522

Week 2 - 527

Week 3 - 701

Week 4 - 723

Week 5 - 644

Week 7 - 691

Week 8 - 965

Week 9 - 584

Week 10 (this last week) - 981

Thats what it took to get my CTL back to where it was before taking 2 weeks off the bike....

Edited by Patchelicious

hmmmmm

I just noticed you're talking about TSShr...

Might be wrong, as I know TSS based on power/FTP/wattage is calc as per my response.

G

Yes, I guess that makes it a bit more tricky. Do you perhaps have a few real examples if you use both power and heart rate? I understand heart rate is more variable with same power which stays constant for same power. But does the heart rate variability kind of average out? I hope my question makes sense.

Since my ankle issue at I've had some catching up to do.

Week 1 - 522

Week 2 - 527

Week 3 - 701

Week 4 - 723

Week 5 - 644

Week 7 - 691

Week 8 - 965

Week 9 - 584

Thats what it took to get my CTL back to where it from taking 2 weeks off the bike....

Thanks patches! Great example of how quickly we lose fitness and how long it takes to build up again. If I may ask, what is your current CTL? And I guess your TSB is quite negative?!

Since my ankle issue at I've had some catching up to do.

Week 1 - 522

Week 2 - 527

Week 3 - 701

Week 4 - 723

Week 5 - 644

Week 7 - 691

Week 8 - 965

Week 9 - 584

Thats what it took to get my CTL back to where it was before taking 2 weeks off the bike....

Bliksem.

That is some proper riding!  :thumbup:

Thanks patches! Great example of how quickly we lose fitness and how long it takes to build up again. If I may ask, what is your current CTL? And I guess your TSB is quite negative?!

By calculation, taking a period of 10 weeks, CTL will be around 90

Taking just the past 42 days, CTL of 109

Serious stuff.  :thumbup:  :eek: